I'm the original owner (put my deposit down in 2003!), and have mostly used for car for open tracking and occasional daily driving. The car is not a pristine garage queen, but it's mechanically sound, and got a clean bill of health (after $4,200 worth of work) from Tracspec Autosports about 200 miles ago. First, I will list all the mods (that I can remember), and then list the car's known quirks and issues.
The car has 36,500 miles and a clean title, and is located in the SF Bay Area. I'm asking $40,000, and I'm motivated to sell ASAP. PM me with questions and requests. (I just adjusted the price to 40 K after learning I’m a complete moron.)
- Custom Lotus Trim Shop seats, purchased by me and installed by TC Design years and years ago. (I still have the stock seats, but can't attest to their condition. Photos available on request).
- RTD Brace from Sector 111
- Upgraded BOE oil pan
- New gearbox with taller 6th gear added at 33,496 miles by Suspension Performance
- The also added the ACT clutch kit (beefier than stock)
- Upgraded engine mounts to reduce transmission slop. (The invoice described them as "yellow" and they are the lesser aggressive of the two upgraded engine mounts available.)
- Nitron 46mm Pro 1-Way Coilovers installed at 33,846 miles by Suspension Performance
- Stainless Steel brake lines
- HID headlamps (they do affect radio reception when turned on)
- Removable fire extinguisher in passenger footwell
- Besides the stock wheels in the photos, I have black SJ Racing wheels (15x7 and 16x8), purchased to run Toyo RA1s. The sale of the car includes the wheels (if you want them)
Now, about the Tracspec work that was completed about 200 miles ago. They did a full oil service; full refresh of the coolant system; replaced OEM coolant tank; flushed brake fluid; new brakes pads all around (Hawk HPS);drained and refilled transmission fluid; installed Yoko AD07s all around and aligned the car; replaced rear upper control arm bushings; replaced tie rod ends; and checked cams (cams are OK).
- Missing driver's side plastic trim/grille piece on front clam (see photo)
- Curb rash/abrasion on front clam (see photo)
- Some pitted paint on driver's side door (spun out at Thunderhill and kicked up gravel -- see photo)
- Rear of car under LOTUS logo has some missing paint (see photo)
- AC doesn't work
- Soft top needs repair (all the parts are there, but the fabric is coming apart, and the top won't install on the car)
- The hardtop fabric trim piece that goes inside needs to be reupholstered.
- There's some velcro in passenger footwell, added for data equipment. Should be easy to remove with Goo Gone
My track days are over and I just don't have the garage space for this car. Please PM me with any questions. I'm motivated to sell, and will go above and beyond to answer questions.
1.6 MB Views: 200