The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2005 Lotus Elise in Titanium/Red with only 3,600 miles, sports package, touring package and lots of upgrades: second set of wheels w/Hoosier R6’s, 5-point harnesses w/arm restraints, fire extinguisher, Braille lightweight battery, battery cut-off switch, micromirror, brake pedal booster, trunk bootie. Car is set up for both street and track use and has been lightly tracked. Perfectly broken in w/ECU records available. Always garaged in So. Cal. Owner upgraded to Lotus Cup car for pure track use. Asking $35,999.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Local

I saw your craigslist ad for this car and wanted to know if you were willing to part the aftermarket parts out? :eek:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Plan is to first look for a buyer for the entire package. If there's no takers, then the extra wheels, etc. could be for sale separately.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sounds good, I'll be sure to keep an eye on this one and nice wheels btw. :up:

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
wow...what a deal !! :up:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes, both the original wheels AND a set of after-market wheels are included in the price.

The car was purchased brand new from an authorized Lotus dealer with 75 delivery miles. It was initially driven on highways and streets at 4.5K RPM or under until it reached an odo reading of 1,000 miles, then the oil was changed. It was then autocrossed at parking lot events, driven to and from those events, as well as driven around town, taken on "Sunday drives", etc. It was also taken once to Streets of Willow and Infineon, and twice to Buttonwillow and Spring Mountain, trailered to and from in all cases. The track days were HPDE's, so it was never raced, just driven in a fun, safe, spirited manner with no offs.

I would encourage anyone who is thinking about this car but is concerned about this amount and type of driving having a negative effect on it to inquire with their local Lotus dealer (or I will happily put you in touch with mine that has serviced the car). The manual for the car even discusses using it in this manner and the car has had no engine issues whatsoever.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I would not hesitate to purchase an elise based on a few track days. Hell, if you're buying an elise and not taking it to the autocross or track, you're really missing out. These cars are made for it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts