Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD
My beloved Lotus Elise was just declared a total loss by nationwide insurance.
I was backed into while waiting to turn left by the window delivery truck in front of me who decided to back up in order to go straight. He hit me at less than 3 mph, I would guess, but as you can see from pics his receiver hitch hit squarely between the headlight and blinker on the passenger side. To replace the clam with a new Exige clam (what is currently on car), as well as both headlights, blinkers, and reflector was estimated at $17K. The car has been my daily driver since March 2006. I am the second owner and bought it from Florida with 8,200 miles on the odometer. Now located in Fort Worth, Texas. It now has over 66K miles. It is not perfect but runs and drives as it should.

Known issues (other than accident damage):

Needs rear suspension bushings, apparently common.
Makes a clunking noise I hear at low speeds in traffic that speeds up and slows down in unison with the speed I travel. Could be the bushings, I just don't know for sure and had not had time to take it back to have it checked out again.
There is a small crack on the rear clam just above the license plate (pics to come) that I have not had repaired.
The drivers door was smooshed by a U turning individual who neglected to leave their name and number resulting in slight cracking (pics to come).
The splitter is cracked underneath (pics to come).
Otherwise the exterior has the usual rock chips etc from 66K miles.

I am currently rolling on General UHP Exclaim tires for their all weather capability and wear factor. Probably less than half of life remaining.

I recently installed a new aluminum radiator after the plastic one cracked a second time.

I had not completed reinstallation of the clam due to previous body shop using incorrect epoxy when installing screens. I have Araldyte Adhesive for attaching screens.

Car has been tracked in 2006 and early 2007 (less than 2000 miles). I never made it past yellow level and realized when on track with the fast drivers how painfully slow I was. Never quite figured out the throttle is steering and the steering is brakes. No incidents on track but a few items on car.

Track adds:
Moroso baffled pan
Sector 111 RTD brace
Stainless brake lines
Heel n Toe pad
Set of 4 team dynamics track day wheels with shaved R compound rubber
- probably heat cycled or dried out from sitting
I have a harness bar and belts which I never installed as well as a track timer system, also not installed.
Lightweight battery

I did add a JL Audio 1000 watt amp and floor mount sub-woofer but the radio recently stopped getting power and I have not chased down the offending connection.

I have the previous Elise front clam in the garage you can have as well (slight damage from a Camry backing into it in the parking lot).

BTW Insurance says this will not rise to salvage damage although it will be listed as a total loss on any future carfax and insurance info systems.

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
Do you have any pictures of the car door from the view of the whole car, also the rear whole car as it currently looks?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SOLD
The whole thing. Everything but my Lotus Flag and iPhone cover. :-(
It's a sad day but things happen. Going to a happy new owner who plans on fixing it up to keep.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.