The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thanks to all who posted and PM'd - I ended up getting a Boxster RS60 with 300 miles that was traded in while I was at a Porsche dealer looking around. It was one of those things in life that just works out quickly and easily when one happens to be at the right place at the right time.

I'll miss the Lotus's amazing handling and raw fun, I'll be back in a few years.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the questions, I should have had this info in the post.

The car is in Missouri City, Texas which is a suburb in SW Houston.

There is no driver's airbag in the car. With the harness belts on you are very securely attached to the car, there is no way you would hit the steering wheel in an accident.

The tilt up steering wheel is a godsend, it makes getting in and out of the car almost comparable to other cars. Of all the mods on the car it is the one I appreciate the most as I'm 6' tall. It particularly helps if you have the roof on. There is a trigger behind the steering wheel spoke that goes towards the floor. The wheel easily tilts up and it locks when it is in the down position.

I do have the original steering wheel with the airbag in it so it could easily be returned to stock. I also have the original rear view mirror which I thought was huge. The steering wheel and the CF rear view mirror are very big improvements over stock, getting in and out easily and having better forward visibility make the car much more livable. I sweat the small stuff :)

Have a great weekend.

·
Registered
294 Posts
what is the top piece called thats in carbon fiber? I need that as well If Im going to get a cf hardtop, any links?? if you have the stock piece and feel like parting some of the car out I will buy

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Keep it clear,
Tried to send you a PM, but you box is full. I sell both the hardtop and rollbar cover in CF. I don't want to hijack this thread so please PM me.

Cheers,
Jacob

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Cleared out the inbox - I didn't realize that you had a limit of 10 messages, I was looking at the 160 total message limit. It seems there are a lot of people who want information on the customized parts which is great. I'm posting the car for sale here first hoping to sell it to someone who will appreciate it like the first owner and I have. You become attached to these cars and I want it to go to a good home.

CF parts are all Benetec which uses a dry carbon fiber process. I don't have a link for the CF roll bar and rear deck, the previous owner had imported them from Japan. PM me if you want measurements or more detailed photos, happy to help.

I'm tied up most to the day today, I'll be able to respond to the rest of the PM's in detail late this afternoon.

·
Registered
88 Posts
beautiful elise, man.

did the armadillo do any damage to the underside of the car?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There was some damage to the underside of the clam - it looked almost like someone tore it like a piece of paper. The damage was easily fixed - I was referred to a Corvette body shop that did a great job. The bottom of the clam is better than new as it is now reinforced all along the back.

I seem to have a thing with armadillos - I also ran over one in my Nissan Armada - of course there was no damage to that vehicle!

My kids gave me a framed cartoon for Christmas:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Good luck with the sale, Bruce!

FYI...I bought my hardtop from Bruce and he was a very responsive and responsible seller :up:

·
Registered
88 Posts
There was some damage to the underside of the clam - it looked almost like someone tore it like a piece of paper. The damage was easily fixed - I was referred to a Corvette body shop that did a great job. The bottom of the clam is better than new as it is now reinforced all along the back.
So theres no damage done to the underside of the car from the armadillo? ie all the aluminum that runs flush with the underside of the clam.

does it come with a hardtop?

also does the stock steering wheel and seat come with the purchase of the vehicle?

sorry for all the questions man! :cool:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Richard -

Thanks for the kind words - hope all is well with you. I've always had smooth transactions buying and selling cars and parts with fellow car enthusiasts and made friends along the way. PM me and let me know how you are doing.

For CaliforniaKevo -
There was no damage to the diffusers save for the front lip of the front one - it was bent down a bit in one spot, likely from the helmet on the armadillo. I straigtened it out by hand - the clam covers the front edge.

The car does not have a hardtop - OrlandoGT bought it. I drove the car back from California and wanted to do it top off. The original owner kindly packed it up for me. After having several convertible hard tops lying around unused for several years from my past cars my wife correctly recommended a sale to make room for other things in the garage.

The stock steering wheel and seat come with the purchase of the vehicle.

No problem with all the questions - I'm a Chartered Accountant so details are in my blood as well. PM me and I'll send you my cell number so we you can ask as many questions as you like.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Elise

Is the car sold yet? If not do you have any pic's of the engine, do you still have the original engine lid, how are the tires, has it been serviced according to mfg spec's..? Nice car

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
There are a couple of forum members making serious inquiries but a bill of sale has not been filled out yet.

I'm putting together a very detailed online album of photos - if you pm me I'll send you the link which includes engine, wheel and suspension pictures.

The rear tires were replaced around the 10,000 mile mark, the fronts don't need replacing yet but will in the coming months.

I don't have the original rear deck or roll bar - I do have the original steering wheel, driver's seat and rear view mirror.

PM me if you would like more info, thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sold the car

Thanks to all who posted and PM'd - I ended up getting a Boxster RS60 with 300 miles that was traded in while I was at a Porsche dealer looking around. It was one of those things in life that just works out quickly and easily when one happens to be at the right place at the right time.

I'll miss the Lotus's amazing handling and raw fun, I'll be back in a few years.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts