The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We've got major plans on the horizon so I am attempting to be a responsible adult and parting with my project. It currently has 12,353 miles on the odo. This week the EFI ECU is at DRS and Kris is loading the just released firmware. He is also installing the DBW module which is aprox. a $1100.00 value (already paid for). That should be completed, installed, and ready to go in the next two weeks. That said, the car will have a few additional miles on the odo for tuning purposes. The car has the following currently installed:

Forcedfed FF275 Stage 3 package
EFI ECU w/ DBW Module (dual maps)
Upgraded HKS SSQ BOV
ACT Heavy Duty Clutch
Accusump w/ remote opening
Moroso Oil Pan
Boost/Oil Temp Gauge Cluster
Zeitronix Wideband (Boost/EGT/AF) w/ data logging capability
Mounted Halon Fire Extinguisher

The car has been tracked three times since new, once with the turbo installed as a test. If interested or you have questions please send me a PM. The car is in Virginia.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
your car is beautiful! good luck with the sale, just a bit too much for me but omg is it perrty!
Thanks! The timing sucks as far as the great weather just getting starting to arrive and really getting the EFI tuning sorted, but sometimes you can't "time" opportunity. Hopefully it will make someone else grin as much as it did for me.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Mark,

I've seen your car a couple of times, most recently last fall at the DC Chapter Lotus Ltd picnic in Ellicott City, MD. Sorry to see you sell, but I'm sure you've a good reason.

Following the evolution of your car here, and seeing it, I've always thought of your car as Ronin 'East.'

·
Registered
791 Posts
Mark, I'm sorry to see you get rid of your awesome car, I was hoping we'd go driving sometime (especially when I get my Exige S sometime in the near future hopefully). Hope it's all for the better. Best of luck with it.

To the public, I've seen, ridden in, and driven this car, it's spectacular in every way. Mark is a great enthusiast that respects the machine, you couldn't find a better person from which to buy.

Cheers,
Nawambo

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mark, I'm sorry to see you get rid of your awesome car, I was hoping we'd go driving sometime (especially when I get my Exige S sometime in the near future hopefully). Hope it's all for the better. Best of luck with it.

To the public, I've seen, ridden in, and driven this car, it's spectacular in every way. Mark is a great enthusiast that respects the machine, you couldn't find a better person from which to buy.

Cheers,
Nawambo
Thanks to all everyone for excellent and kind words.

Thanks Nawar. Nawar has indeed driven the car late last year. What makes it more amazing, probably more irritating for me, is that since he has driven Kris from DRS has built multiple new maps, make it run better each time. As I mentioned he is upgrading to the new ECU firmware as I type this and we are upgrading to the new DBW module which gives you full throttle control. All of that has been paid for. I am simply waiting for it come back from DRS.

If anyone is interested and is not local and would like some local to verify or look over the car just give me a heads up. I want the get ECU back in it and get it all nice and shiney and then it will be availble for viewing. It's still pretty much clean from the Auto show but just needs some light detailing.

Also just an fyi as some people had asked and it's no secret. I am parting ways with my project because my brother and I have finally started our own company. My father has been in business for himself for 26 years. My brother and I have worked for him for 13 and 9 years respectively and we always knew when the time was right we'd start a similar company. Well we felt this was the right time to do it. So long story short between starting a new business and living on a small farm time is something I virtually have none of. I had already decided not do any track events this summer so selling the car to someone who will put it to good use is the best thing to do at this point.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Stunning Vehicle.

·
Registered
828 Posts
If you're selling for financial reasons, that's reality, but when you're starting up a business, you need all the stress outlets you can get! It might serve a more important function in your life than you think!

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you're selling for financial reasons, that's reality, but when you're starting up a business, you need all the stress outlets you can get! It might serve a more important function in your life than you think!
Point taken:) However, I have a full time job and own a small horse boarding farm. Time that I had last year to take part in track days, weekend drives and events just is no longer there. As with anything, unless it was some sort of true collectors piece, it serves little purpose sitting in my garage on a battery tender while I am out putting up hay or spreading 2000lbs of fertilizer or moving customers horses to a show on weekends. Make sense?

That said, as soon as I get the ECU and DBW module back (according to Kris, it shipped yesterday) I'm going to list it on Ebay. If anyone is interested I'll entertain serious offers.

Again, thanks for the kind words.

·
Registered
196 Posts
That's funny. I was browsing ForceFed's website and clicked on the link to their VA installer and just so happened to click on the install pics of your car. Now I switch back to ET and see this thread.

To think if I waited a year before I picked up my Elise I could've had your car. :) Like you said, can't exactly time opportunities.

Good luck with the sale man.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's funny. I was browsing ForceFed's website and clicked on the link to their VA installer and just so happened to click on the install pics of your car. Now I switch back to ET and see this thread.

To think if I waited a year before I picked up my Elise I could've had your car. :) Like you said, can't exactly time opportunities.

Good luck with the sale man.
:D Thanks man! Well at least people know it's a legit car that exist. I guess I can link my Ebay ad to the install pics. rotfl

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Price Reduced . . . :)

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Wow thats a great deal for this caliper of a car.

Remember fellas. The turbo kit alone cost 13k. +installation.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
If for some reason, someone wants a non-turbocharged polar blue 2006 Exige for the same price, I'm sure we could work something out. :)

1 - 20 of 128 Posts