The Lotus Cars Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD. For sale in El Cajon, CA. $26,000 Now $23,000. Still Available! I haven't been trying that hard to move this, but that is changing

Laser Blue, with touring interior and LSS wheels, now at 29,500 miles

I think I am the third owner, I bought it in September 2014 with 13,000 miles. Bridgestone RE71R tires installed in Feb 2018 about 3500 miles on them to date. Two keys, with two remotes, one is a unikey2. AC works fine.

Upgrades that I did:
  • DBW pedals
  • Interior Micromirror
  • RLS convex side mirrors (awesome!)
  • Hella Horn
  • GRP mesh grills (still have the factory grills if you want to go back.
  • Repadded the seats.
  • Bluetooth adapter for Alpine radio
  • ORE dual cupholder
  • BWR Dash Bag
  • BWR door anti-rattle pins
The Bad: Salvage title, it had rear clam damage that looked really minor in the insurance photos. Missing Starshield on rear driver quarter panel because of that and it also damaged the lower engine mount bolt. Touring soft top insulation foam has dissolved. No owners manual, no records before me. It is a 14 year old car and has its share of noises and wear.

Good: Great driving car, it has been solid for 5 years with only a flat tire. I like that this is a normal car with exotic looks. The engine and mechanicals are like what I tinkered with as a teen, so I can do all the maintenance without a computer. (although computer networking career paid for it). And unlike the Ferrari, you are allowed to work on it yourself. It is quick enough to be fun, but not enough power to be dangerous. It is super fun to drive, the steering reads your mind like a go cart and you can go topless. But for me, it is time for a change, going for more practical.

·
Registered
11 Posts
For sale in El Cajon, CA. $26,000

I think I am the third owner, I bought it in September 2014 with 13,000 miles. Bridgestone RE71R tires installed in Feb 2018 about 3500 miles on them to date. Two keys, with two remotes, one is a unikey2. AC works fine.

Upgrades that I did:
  • DBW pedals
  • Interior Micromirror
  • Hella Horn
  • Repadded the seats.
  • ORE dual cupholder
  • BWR Dash Bag
The Bad: Salvage title, it had rear clam damage that looked really minor in the insurance photos. Missing Starshield on rear driver quarter panel because of that and it also damaged the lower engine mount bolt. Touring soft top insulation foam has dissolved. No owners manual, no records before me. It is a 14 year old car and has its share of noises and wear.

Good: Great driving car, it has been solid for 5 years with only a flat tire. I like that this is a normal car with exotic looks. The engine and mechanicals are like what I tinkered with as a teen, so I can do all the maintenance without a computer. (although computer networking career paid for it). And unlike the Ferrari, you are allowed to work on it yourself. It is quick enough to be fun, but not enough power to be dangerous. It is super fun to drive, the steering reads your mind like a go cart and you can go topless. But for me, it is time for a change, going for more practical.
View attachment 1264057 View attachment 1264058 View attachment 1264059

·
Registered
5 Posts
For sale in El Cajon, CA. $26,000

Upgrades that I did:
  • DBW pedals
  • Interior Micromirror
  • Hella Horn
  • Repadded the seats.
  • ORE dual cupholder
  • BWR Dash Bag

View attachment 1264057 View attachment 1264058 View attachment 1264059
Hi,
Still available? Send me a DM!
Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep, still available, took a little time off and had some glamour shots taken before it goes.

Blue Lotus - 061.jpg
Blue Lotus - 073.jpg

·
Registered
1991 Acura NSX; 2001 Porsche Carrera 4
7 Posts
If this were located east of the Mississippi, it would have been in my driveway since May...

·
Registered
721 Posts
If this were located east of the Mississippi, it would have been in my driveway since May...
Don't let the distance away deter you. If you find the one you want, have a PPI completed (see attached example) and if all checks out, step up and get her! Many new-to-be owners have done such and the ride home is a great way to get to know each other... Good luck with your search!

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi, car is still available, I'm open to offers, I do think I am in the ball park with what this car is worth.

It looks that this is currently the 2nd cheapest Elise for sale in the US, currently registered and smogged in CA, so it passes those hurdles. I've really enjoyed owning this car; I am a back roads driver type, not a wax and polish every weekend type, so this was perfect for me. I never made it to a track or an autocross, and with the closing of the stadium parking lot and covid, I missed my chance.

No hardtop, just the soft top. Here is a photo from the insurance auction:

There are some more photos, but this is the only one that shows damage!

I'm working from home these days, so PM if you are interested in a zoom/FaceTime walk around.

Tad

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I didn't attempt to fix the engine mount, but I did stiffen up the other mounts with bushing inserts, which did cut down on the engine movement.

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Anybody knows how much of an obstacle it would be regarding obtaining insurance for a salvage car?
The answer is, "It depends.." Talk with the agent/insurer you have now. If you don't like the answer, shop around. There are online sites you can use for comparison shopping if you key in the info. I have Hagerty insurance on mine insured as a pleasure vehicle with primary driver on my truck. Very reasonable cost if you don't use it for your commute.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.