2006 Phantom Black Lotus Exige

19,9xx miles

Purchased used from Hunting Ridge Motors in December ’07 w/ 7,xxx miles

Original factory options:

· Traction Control

· Limited Slip Differential

· Phantom Black Lifestyle Paint

Added Options:

· Stiffer, BWR (LSD) adjustable front sway bar (still have the stock one if you want it)

· BWR Harness bar and 4 point racing harnesses (both driver and passenger)

Available Extras:

· Extra set of Lightweight SSR wheels in the same dimensions as the factory wheels (these are SOLD!)

· 2 sets of Hoosier A6 race tires in 205/45R16 (front) and 245/40R17 (rear), one set is nearly done while the other has ~70% life left

· 2 Yokohama Advan A048 in 195/50R16 (front fitment) w/ >50% tread left

Issues:

· When I bought the car it had some light spider cracks on the rear bumper area where a previous owner had been rear-ended at low speed. This is still present but can only be seen under certain lighting conditions.

· I have had some warranty work done on the car to resolve a stumble that sometimes triggered a “check engine light”. The final solution to this problem was a Lotus engineer re-wiring the engine ECU electrical connectors and I haven’t had any issues with the “check engine light” since in over 3 months of driving. I have full documentation of this warranty work performed at Gossett Lotus in Memphis, TN.

Reason for Selling:

· Need something more practical for my pending move in May (as well as money for other stuff).

Price:

· $35,000 OBO.

I have owned the car since Dec. ’07 and have put just over 10,000 miles on it. I have used it to commute to school and have entered local and national autocrosses with it (hence the extra set of wheels and Hoosier tires). I have changed the oil every 3000 miles since owning it with full synthetic Castrol motor oil using oil filters purchased from the dealer in Memphis (receipts available). I have also flushed the brake system and clutch system with ATE Super Blue Brake Fluid. I recently paid the car off and now have the title in hand with no Lien currently on the vehicle. The car is located in Mississippi.

Please PM me here or email me at brianwhitmire at gmail dot com with any questions.

·
Registered
311 Posts
love the black and silver front emblem. Where did that come from if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Please note that I am somewhat negotiable on the price. Especially if you do not want all of the extra items (wheels, tires, etc.). Also, some trades would be considered. Mainly a small truck or other practical car/truck plus cash.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the bump blu. Sending you an email.

My new asking price is $37,000 without the SSRs and Hoosiers if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Thanks! I look foward to seeing them, inside and out if you can.

Also, is the cracking in the fiberglass or are they just scratches in the paint? If they are scratches in the paint, can you feel them with your fingernail?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm uploading the pics to photobucket at the moment. These wheels have no serious blemishes but are not show car wheels as they have been used for autox. They could be cleaned up to look new with some effort though.

As far as the paint, there is a small tear that is limited to the bottom lip where the license plate grill meets the clam. The spidering that is seen in the picture is in the paint and can be felt with a fingernail. I am going to go to a couple local body shops and check to see what they would recomend and how much it would cost to fix. I'll post those details when I have them.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
After talking to a good body shop in town, they would recommend removing the rear clam repairing the small tear at the lip and reinforcing the clam around the area where the spidering has occurred. The cost was roughly quoted as $600-$800 inlcuding the labor for removing and replacing the clam once painted and repaired.

·
Registered
275 Posts
would you wanna sell the ssr's seperate?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I will sell the SSRs seperately. They were $2000 new. I will sell them for $1000 plus shipping. No less. They are not show quality wheels but they are not blemished.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bump. I had the car detailed and had some good pics taken. Please see the second post for the pics. The car looks good. You can see that the spidering in the pic of the rear clam just above the license plate is very hard to see. You can hardly notice it unless it is in just the right light. However, as I noted above I will have the paint fixed for a legitimate buyer.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
First $36k takes the car (without the SSRs and Hoosiers). If you pay my price I will have the rear clam professionally fixed to new even though you wouldn't be able to tell unless you were looking directly at it. Also, I will drive the car to you if need be or we can work out shipping.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts