The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EDIT: Lowered to $38k!

Hey all,

Well, sadly for me it’s the end of an era. It’s come time for me to sell my beloved 06 Solar Yellow Exige in the name of house buying. I bought my baby with 800 miles on it back in June of 06, and it has been an absolute joy ever since. It now has just over 8000 miles on the clock. I had always intended to take it to the track but have still not made it out there, and I just don’t use it enough to justify the expense. I will be INCREDIBLY sad to see it go, but the time is right for my future wife and me to buy our first house, so it’s time to move on.

This car has been fully babied its entire life. It’s never been on the track, always been garage kept, never been in rain (heck, it’s only seen a few unavoidable puddles) and has never sat outside for an extended period of time during the work day without a cover on it. My coworkers, to this day, admire my dedication in making sure the cover is on it at all times. The 1000 mile service was done at the dealer, and the oil was changed again by me at 5000 miles with Motul 5w40. I'm going to do the oil again shortly if it doesn't sell in the meantime. I have the paper work of all the services.

The first owner was a car collector and bought over 40 cars that year ranging from my Lotus and some Porsches up to the Ferrari F430 and Lambo Gallardo that were parked next to my Exige when I bought it. The car was in showroom quality when I took possession, and that hasn’t changed through today. You will not be disappointed.

Lotus Options include:
-Touring Pack including leather seats and door panels and an “upgraded” radio
-Traction Control
-Star Shield

Upgrades include:
-Ohlins Track Suspension which is fully adjustable and has lowered the ride height. The car was corner balanced when these shocks were installed: Ohlins Track Suspension for the Lotus Elise and Exige - Sector111
-Sector 111 black Micro Mirror: microMIRROR? Rear View Mirror for the Lotus Elise and Exige - Sector111
-Odyssey PC680 Drycell battery with Sector 111 battery hold down bracket
-Evolution Outdoor Car Cover: Evolution Outdoor

The tires on the front are the original Yokohama A048s and the rears are Toyo Proxes R888. All 4 tires have around 3/32 of tread left.

Asking $38k.

The car and I are located in Dallas, TX.

Link to the Cars.com ad: Cars.com: 2006 Lotus Exige

Link to the carfax report: CARFAX Vehicle History Report on SCCPC11106HL81652

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and to those that are interested, I’ll be replacing both the Exige and my old SUV at the same time with an Evo X GSR. I test drove the Evo today, and while it’s got a ton more practicality, it feels like a freakin’ barge when compared to the Lotus!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lowered the price and added links to the carfax and cars.com ad.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got a decent trade in offer and decided to go with it. So the car is gone.

Cheers!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts