The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've hemmed and hawed about selling my baby for a year now, posted it before but I'll admit not entirely seriously, but the time has come. It makes me quite sad and my wife says I'm moping, but it is the end of my Lotus era, at least for a little while. I hope to be back with an Esprit or an Evora or such in a few years. I am selling because in the last few years I got married, had a kid (now 8 months old!), and just bought an expensive new house that we move into in a few weeks.

For Sale:
2006 Lotus Exige
Solar Yellow
Touring Pack
Track Pack
Black Pack
Starshield

PRICE REDUCED! Asking $30,500

I am located in the suburbs of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

The car is in great condition. 17,800 miles. Goodyear Eagle F-1 GS-D3 tires. Mobil 1 oil.

The car is going to need the fan resistor pack, as the fan is currently dead. Pouring a bucket of water down the front of the car would make it work for awhile, indicating the resistor pack. I have not had the time to take it in for this (8 month old mentioned above ;)).

Other than the fan/resistor pack, there are no major issues with the car. There is some normal wear and tear, the side bolsters on the drivers seat have some slight wear, there's a few stone chips on the driver's side door, and a small crack in the front airdam.

The car has an Optima red top battery. Alpine amp mounted behind the seats above the package shelf, JVC head unit with USB stick port.

The car has never been tracked (I know, unfortunate).

I have plenty of pics (52) that I just took tonight available, although not the highest quality as I took them with my Canon camcorder/camera that I am still learning how to use. Let me know and I'd be happy to email a ZIP of them all.

CAR SOLD AS IS. It needs the resistor pack and has some normal wear and tear. Price reduced to account for this.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
More pics

Some more photographic pleasure:

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've had a number of emails/PMs about the car, thank you for the interest. The ZIP files for the pictures are 12.8MB for the first set and 4.6MB for the second set. I can compress them further with 7-zip if anyone would like. Just let me know. If anyone wants to setup a time to see the car let me know...I will be traveling in and out for business, I'll be gone next week Wed-Sat to the pacific northwest, other than that my schedule is mostly wide open. I'm a motivated seller ;)

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just wanted to add something... The car has a Fujita air intake installed, but I still have all the original airbox parts, which will come with the car. All manuals, front license plate bracket, etc., original window sticker, spare key/key fob, the original stereo and speakers also all come with the car.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Still accepting offers. Potential buyer made an offer but then hasn't responded/communicated intentions.

PRICE REDUCED

Asking $30,500, car sold as is.

·
Registered
171 Posts
What is estimated cost of ALL repairs. To damaged clam + resistor pack/install.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What is estimated cost of ALL repairs. To damaged clam + resistor pack/install.
Resistor pack I believe should be under $500. Certainly <$1000. If you wanted to replace the splitter, then that is variable as if it were me, I'd go with an aftermarket carbon fiber splitter. Check Sector111 for pricing there. There is no damage to the clam itself.

I think the discounted price more than makes up for the trouble to have the resistor pack dealt with etc. Certainly this isn't a show car/garage queen, but its not that bad off and its priced accordingly.

I love this car and would keep it in a heartbeat, but I just don't have the time right now to give it the love it deserves, especially now that my travel schedule is picking up with work in addition to moving to a new house and spending time with my 9 month old son.

I'm going to try and make some time this weekend to give it a detail and take some new pics. If my body makes it and the wife lets me...I just got in at 6am after flying Portland->Seattle->San Diego->Philly.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I gave her a bath today, and then a treatment of Meguair's Show Car Glaze and NXT 2.0 tech wax. Planning to put 2nd coat of NXT on tomorrow night after work.

I can't take a trade unfortunately. I need to sell this and move on to something more "family friendly". Someone take this car off my hands and give it a loving home and take good care of my baby...she's a good girl and won't let you down.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I changed the brake pads today, put a set of EBC Ultimax pads on the car. :D

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am still for sale :D Buy me and I will make you happy :D

·
Registered
958 Posts
Might I make a suggestion and get the thing out into the sun, take some shots of everything and then post them. You ad wasnt good from the get-go because of all your night pics. Some people might even think its a little shady trying to post pics like that. Good luck!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've got daytime pics as well. All I need is an email address where the ZIPs can be emailed.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Car has fresh inspection as of last week, passed and got the emissions exemption since I only drove it ~2,000 miles over the last year. Drove it to work today and the brakes are working out great on the street. The car is a freakin blast :D I'm going to vacuum her out and detail the interior tonight if the baby cooperates.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts