·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mileage: 33,879
Exterior Color: Ice White Metallic
Interior Color: Black

Highlights
  • This Exige S 240 is equipped with four-point harnesses, a fire extinguisher, and an uprated intercooler, as well as the factory Touring Package with carpeting, adjustable leather seats, sound deadening, and an adjustable suspension.
  • The CarFax history report shows no accidents; it also shows that this Exige has been registered in California, Georgia, and Florida since new.
  • The oil cooler recall was performed by a previous owner.
  • The Exige began as a coupe version of the Elise, and was built between 2000 and 2011. Among the various track- and road-oriented versions, the S 240 was built as a limited-production car between 2008 and 2011 and included adjustable dampers, uprated AP Racing brakes, and more power.
  • According to Lotus Talk, Lotus imported 164 Exige S 240s to the US for the 2008 model year, and just three were finished in Ice White Metallic.
  • The Exige is powered by a 1.8-liter, Toyota-sourced supercharged inline-4, which produces 240 horsepower -- hence the S 240's name. The engine is paired with a 6-speed manual transmission.
Equipment
  • 16-inch forged wheels with Yokohama Advan A048 tires
  • Lotus/AP Racing Brembo ventilated and cross-drilled brakes
  • 4-piston calipers
  • Touring Package and Track package (manually-adjustable springs and dampers, carpeting, sound deadening, cupholder)
  • Leather upholstery
  • Power windows and locks
  • Air conditioning
  • Four-speaker Alpine CD stereo
  • Traction control
Modifications
  • Pro Alloy uprated intercooler kit with auxiliary air feed kit
  • Paint protection film applied to front quarter of the hood, while sections on the rear quarters and sides were removed
  • Schroth four-point harnesses
  • Fire extinguisher
Known Flaws
  • The fiberglass body panels were repaired and refinished due to surface cracking on the bumpers and rock chips. Photos showing the car prior to and during the body work are available.
  • Wear is visible on the door sills.
  • A sticker in the door jamb states that the odometer was replaced at 10,250 miles in 2010. It currently displays 23,879 miles, so the current actual mileage is 33,879. The difference in mileage is noted throughout the CarFax vehicle history report, but does not show up as a mileage discrepancy.
  • Recent Service History
    • May 2020: Inspection and oil change
    • January 2019: Pre-purchase inspection performed
    • October 2017: Steering rack and tie-rod ends replaced
    • June 2017: Brake pads and rotors replaced
    • August 2014: Oil cooler lines replaced as part of a recall
  • Other Items Included in Sale
    • 2 keys
    • Owner's manuals
    • Service records
  • Ownership History
    I acquired the car in 2019 and have added approximately 1,000 miles using the car on weekends. It has been stored in a climate-controlled garage.

Notes
    • I have most of the service history for this Lotus, and will provide it to the next seller.
    • Regarding the respray of this car, I have all of the records and documents pertaining to the repairs as well as several hundred photos documenting the repairs.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I saw this on cars and bids, Great looking car. If you were a little closer to FL i would make an offer. GLWS

·
Registered
8 Posts
My wife and I met up with Bridgeholz this morning to take a look at this car and I figured I should add here that it looks just as great in person as it does in the pictures. I'm not sure I've ever seen an Exige with such clean clams and rocker panels!

We have decided not to purchase the car but not because of the car itself or the seller. This will be a great purchase for whoever decides to snatch it up!

Good luck with the sale Bridgeholz

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.