Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD

FOR SALE

2008 Lotus Exige S240

Color: Persian Blue

VIN: SCCWC11138HL80445

Mileage: 18,177 (will increase until sold)
  • First owner approximately 12,100 miles
  • Second owner approximately 100 miles
  • Third owner (me) approximately 6,000 miles
Factory options: Metallic Paint, Touring Pack, Starshield

Services of note:
  • The oil line recall was performed 10-2017.
  • Both rear struts were replaced due to excessive play in the right hand, rear strut rebound 01-2018.
  • The front tires were replaced due to age 02-2019.
The car is stock/OEM except:
  • radiator - InoKinetic proRAD triple pass radiator by Pro Alloy. Replaced due to failure of the OEM radiator 03-2018.
  • radiator hoses - InoKinetic radHOSES radiator hoses by sFs Performance. Replaced with the radiator 03-2018.
  • battery - Interstate MT-26R. Replaced due to age 07-2019.
  • TPMS sensors - Tire Rack 433 MHz tire pressure sensors. Replaced due to age 09-2018.
  • wiper blade insert - Bosch ICON size 26A. Replaced due to age 09-2017.
I have the car serviced as recommended by Aston Martin of New England / Lotus Motorsports Inc. in Waltham, MA.

The car is in very good condition. The pictured rubber floor mats and trunk organizer are not included in the sale. The photos were taken 01-2020 and have not been enhanced. While perhaps not apparent upon casual viewing, close inspection will reveal some of the expected signs of road use and age that exist in the form of cosmetic pebble impacts to the exterior. There is a scrape on the underside of the front spoiler with a resultant small line crack in the paint. There is some wear to the interior side sills.

I have never tracked the car and I am confident per information from the seller that it was not tracked before I owned it. No known accidents. I only drive it when the roads are dry and I park it in an insulated, residential garage. No modifications were performed. Therefore, it can be made completely stock/OEM easily by the new owner if desired.

The sale will include the original carpet floor mats, manuals, tool kit, two keys, valet key, and key security tag. It is currently insured, inspected, and registered. Everything is in working order and it is ready to be enjoyed.

Price: $57,750.00

(Click on thumbnail for full size, up to 6.1 MB)

1.JPG 2.JPG

3.JPG 4.JPG

5.JPG 6.JPG

7.JPG 8.JPG

9.JPG

·
Administrator
1,550 Posts
quattro574 you beat me to it! First thing I thought of when I saw it. MatthewM was so adamant about a blue exige he'll be blue if he misses this!

Reactions: sege and quattro574

·
Registered
16 Posts
:oops: Stunning persian blue exige, I've only seen about 2-3 in the last 5 years go up for sale and everytime it makes me want to be financially reckless. GLWS

·
Registered
80 Posts
As someone who has been looking for an Elige, Lotus colors are confusingly similar oftentimes.
I found this link where the lighting in the various pics seems to make more difference that the paint pigment differences.

Both are great colors BTW.......

Cheers
Jeff

·
Registered
8 Posts
Persian Blue and Magnetic Blue look a lot more similar than I realized. I guess the car for sale really is Persian Blue. Still gorgeous.

Matthew

·
Premium Member
2,666 Posts
I have seen Henry's car in person and it makes me weak in the knees...........rrreeeeaaally pretty color

and I think the OP's car is gorgeous too....

Just wishing I had infinite cash........

·
Registered
442 Posts
Sadly, I'm curious if this is one of those threads where someone advertises something, then checks back in a month later... just in case.. ?

Still curious if has LSD (Limited Slip Differential)

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,598 Posts
Sadly, I'm curious if this is one of those threads where someone advertises something, then checks back in a month later... just in case.. ?

Still curious if has LSD (Limited Slip Differential)
OP was here 10 hours ago if that helps.

San

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi everybody! I’m not sure if it’s more useful to reply along with the discussion making new posts as I go along or updating my original post? Please let me know what is preferred.

I endeavor to be responsive to everyone in a timely manner.

Regarding the color, my car for sale is definitely Persian Blue. The pics posted are from a partly sunny day taken with a Sony using a Zeiss lens.

Regarding LSD, the answer is probably not.

I know that is not a satisfying answer, I apologize. It was not advertised by the seller as having one when I bought it. I was waiting for confirmation from Lotus before I answered.

I spoke with Lotus Motorsports today and they are going to reach out to HQ to find out for sure. Lotus Motorsports is unable to see that information themselves since they were not the dealer that originally sold the car. The system they use, Lotus Connect, does not display it one way or another. And since they have serviced it for me exclusively, I have never personally lifted the rear to spin the wheels myself. I will update everyone.

Thank you to everyone for the input, questions, and interest.

AB3CE550-1F04-4757-8D92-B66E3F4A2172.png

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,598 Posts
Hi everybody! I’m not sure if it’s more useful to reply along with the discussion making new posts as I go along or updating my original post? Please let me know what is preferred.

I endeavor to be responsive to everyone in a timely manner.

Regarding the color, my car for sale is definitely Persian Blue. The pics posted are from a partly sunny day taken with a Sony using a Zeiss lens.

Regarding LSD, the answer is probably not.

I know that is not a satisfying answer, I apologize. It was not advertised by the seller as having one when I bought it. I was waiting for confirmation from Lotus before I answered.

I spoke with Lotus Motorsports today and they are going to reach out to HQ to find out for sure. Lotus Motorsports is unable to see that information themselves since they were not the dealer that originally sold the car. The system they use, Lotus Connect, does not display it one way or another. And since they have serviced it for me exclusively, I have never personally lifted the rear to spin the wheels myself. I will update everyone.

Thank you to everyone for the input, questions, and interest.

View attachment 1263524
Pop the rear hatch. Stand next to the rear driver's wheel and look down past the windshield wiper coolant tank, pretty low in the engine bay. You'll see a white sticker with F3OAP or F3LAP or something similar. The middle letter means it's either Open or Limited. Hope that helps.

In my experience on this forum, very few cars have the Limited Slip, and there are different schools of thought as to whether it's useful or not. I believe it was an option for the Autocross crowd.

San

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.