The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Cyber Gray exterior with Ebony/Dark Titanium two tone interior. Luxury package with painted forged aluminium wheels. New never titled.

MSRP $115,000 estimated. Delivery on or about Labor Day 2008.

Sale will be by private auction to ultimate consumer only. High bid buys the car.

Pics and specs here (not actual car in pics):

2009 Corvette ZR1

Prototype pics (exterior and wheels are same as the car FS, Interior is NOT the same):

2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 - Auto Shows/What's New for 2009/Car Shopping/Hot Lists/Reviews/Car and Driver - Car And Driver

Reports have this car running 7:26 at the Nurburgring in stock trim, pump gas, driven by a GM engineer:

Corvette ZR1 Laps Nurburgring In 7:26.4

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Updates

Any updates?
This car is in broadcast status, the last step before it goes into to production. Bowling Green had some delays in the production of the ZR1 which will push this car back approximately a month. I'll update you when it goes into production status. As of last Friday there were less than twenty ZR1's in dealer showrooms across the country. We will have more ZR1's to order, but, I don't know when.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
This car is in broadcast status, the last step before it goes into to production. Bowling Green had some delays in the production of the ZR1 which will push this car back approximately a month. I'll update you when it goes into production status. As of last Friday there were less than twenty ZR1's in dealer showrooms across the country. We will have more ZR1's to order, but, I don't know when.
Criswell in Gaithersburg, MD recently delivered one to a local TV sportscaster.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Pretty damned impressive:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/k6mEirkQN8o&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/k6mEirkQN8o&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

·
Registered
508 Posts

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/k6mEirkQN8o&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/k6mEirkQN8o&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
:crazyeyes

·
Registered
856 Posts
I was just at the Bowling Green Factory last week. The ZR1's look very impressive with the big brakes and all the carbon fiber. Not surprising that there have been delays - there were an awful lot of cars stacked up in the quality control area that were getting ripped apart for some sort of repairs.

I was talking to one of the guys on the line and he said that a brake job on the ZR1 would cost $14k!!! That doesn't seem possible unless you are replacing more than just pads and rotors.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's Alive!

Went to 3800 (produced) status today. It will invoice today or tomorrow. Barring any post production QC issues it should ship out this week.

As most of you know the ZR1 VIN numbers are sequential. This is car 225. This car is not presold and available as soon as it arrives in Virginia.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BG delays and CCRs

I was just at the Bowling Green Factory last week. The ZR1's look very impressive with the big brakes and all the carbon fiber. Not surprising that there have been delays - there were an awful lot of cars stacked up in the quality control area that were getting ripped apart for some sort of repairs.

I was talking to one of the guys on the line and he said that a brake job on the ZR1 would cost $14k!!! That doesn't seem possible unless you are replacing more than just pads and rotors.
You are correct. The whole brake system, sans hydraulics, is @ $14,000. The brakes are Brembos with carbon ceramic 13.5" discs in front and 13" in the rear. The brakes are designed for the life of the car (except pads). The ZR1 rear set up is the same as the Ferrari 599 front set up. The CCR's (carbon ceramic rotors) are standard on the ZR1; on the Ferrari it's a $20,000option. We've received service bulletins warning about wheel cleaning. Soap and water are the only materials that should come in contact with the CCR's. Brake cleaners, wheel cleaners, etc. will degrade the rotors.

There has been much speculation re the hold up of the ZR1 at Bowling Green. GM acknowledged the delay, but has been mum re the cause. Some say there were issues with the carbon fiber pieces, but, that's pure speculation.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Fantastic car. Worth every penny of sticker price. Contact me when the price gets there, as 2008 Z06s can be had used, all day long for $58K and that seems like the real bargain right now.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
"...Contact me when the price gets there, as 2008 Z06s can be had used, all day long for $58K and that seems like the real bargain right now."

We sold this one. We will have at least two more 2009's coming. Right now we are not close to MSRP. Who knows what will happen later down the line. We'll know when we get there. I will keep you informed. Thank you for your interest.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
but honestly...

Watching that video, if he had another 10 passes, he could drop 3-4 seconds on that im sure. A couple of botched apexes, places where he should have downshifted for more power, and places where he could have been flat out if he had upshifted previously.

Not saying, by far that I could do that or better, just that, Its easy to see mistakes when you aren't the one holding 130mph in a corner :panic:

·
Registered
234 Posts
I saw that. A dealer in Iowa is having a reception for a ZR1 delivery; the whole town is celebrating. :)
I think they've had two already. I also saw a gold one parked in the Tysons Corner garage the other day...jammed inbetween two huge suv's. I don't even park like that with my significantly cheaper car.

Great video.

·
Registered
391 Posts
You are correct. The whole brake system, sans hydraulics, is @ $14,000. The brakes are Brembos with carbon ceramic 13.5" discs in front and 13" in the rear. The brakes are designed for the life of the car (except pads). The ZR1 rear set up is the same as the Ferrari 599 front set up. The CCR's (carbon ceramic rotors) are standard on the ZR1; on the Ferrari it's a $20,000option. We've received service bulletins warning about wheel cleaning. Soap and water are the only materials that should come in contact with the CCR's. Brake cleaners, wheel cleaners, etc. will degrade the rotors.

There has been much speculation re the hold up of the ZR1 at Bowling Green. GM acknowledged the delay, but has been mum re the cause. Some say there were issues with the carbon fiber pieces, but, that's pure speculation.
According to Motor Trend the brakes on the ZR1 are the same on the FXX/Enzo?

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
My basic (maybe flawed) intel is that ZR1 pricing right now is $10-$20K over for real deals; I have personally been offered $20K over and have a personal friend who ordered and is taking delivery at MSRP (but not until December earliest). Sort of a game of chicken for the dealers. I don't blame them for wanting to maximize profit when most of their inventory won't move. I was able last night to buy a new '08 Z06 at $11,500 back of sticker and get GMAC 0% financing - I was the first person at a large Dallas dealership to sign GMAC paper all week. It was grim and almost made me feel sorry for them until I remembered how I was treated in 2006 when I shopped the Z06 when it first came out.

Anyway, the Dealers I do not think can hold out for too long, or the price will drop. I predict MSRP will be fairly easy by Spring '09, and ordering a '10 back of sticker will be doable by summer '09. Who knows? I will wait. The car is magnificent.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
My basic (maybe flawed) intel is that ZR1 pricing right now is $10-$20K over for real deals; I have personally been offered $20K over and have a personal friend who ordered and is taking delivery at MSRP (but not until December earliest). Sort of a game of chicken for the dealers. I don't blame them for wanting to maximize profit when most of their inventory won't move. I was able last night to buy a new '08 Z06 at $11,500 back of sticker and get GMAC 0% financing - I was the first person at a large Dallas dealership to sign GMAC paper all week. It was grim and almost made me feel sorry for them until I remembered how I was treated in 2006 when I shopped the Z06 when it first came out.

Anyway, the Dealers I do not think can hold out for too long, or the price will drop. I predict MSRP will be fairly easy by Spring '09, and ordering a '10 back of sticker will be doable by summer '09. Who knows? I will wait. The car is magnificent.
Or find a Base c6 for ~35k used, and spend 50k on the zr1 parts or aftermarket equivalent?

People have base c5s with a roots style blower putting down just as much HP as the ZR1(10k installed). If the brakes are 20k, then that leaves you with ~20k for suspension, body, and transmission modification cash.

Am I crazy? We are talking about saving 20grand or so.....thats monthly trackdays for like 6 years lol!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts