The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This makes around my fifth that I have sold or been involved in the sale of.

We are at an indoor kart track today. Talking to a couple car guys when one, a BMW M3 and WRX owner, asked me more about the Elise. I told him some information, shared my unbridled lust. He is going down tomorrow to Symbolic to place an order. :)

I bet that this is true with a lot of others. The Elise veterans on this forum. We have been spreading the gospel for a while. I know I tend to post about the Elise on other forums, up to the point where I am sure some are irritated. :)

The MR-2, Spyder, Miata forums. Other motorsports forums.

Really, Lotus does not need a marketing budget. Just keep those on the list happy.

:D

·
Registered
770 Posts
I first discovered Elise in August 1999 watching an hour-long TV show about S1 development when I was on vacation in Ukraine.
By that time I was shopping for second gen. MR2 (which I eventually found few months later in Jan. 2000) and I instantly recognized the car on TV as an ultimate MR2 ;-)

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Hey Randy,
Which indoor karting place?

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Vantage said:
Hey Randy,
Which indoor karting place?

Miramar Speed Circuit

Interesting. I was not really excited about this place, because I was looking at it relative to my kart.

Take own kart to a track. Pay $25. Race all day. Go very fast.

-vs-

Pay $20. Race for 10 minutes. Not very fast.

However, I did enjoy it and think it is a very good place for people to play that don't own karts, or have families. I think the best way to do it is to take around 10 people you know and race against each other. I went with a business that took it's employees and with 40-50 people, it was fun.

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
I've been there before. Not very fast, but still fun with people that you know. I remember going three wide into turn one, and one of us didn't make it. ;)

What's a good laptime over there?

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very good is 33 seconds. Our group was putting in 34 second runs by an expert karter and 35-36 second runs for the rest of the fast guys. Most people were 37-39 seconds.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Larry Andrews said:
I heard a rumor that a future Elise driver punted some guy who desperately needed it. :)
LOL... how did you hear that!?

If you are talking about Paul's buddy.... he pointed out the guy to me. Turns out he was on the track ahead of me and I was faster, but he was blocking. So I insisted on the inside turn and with a small bump, he went off. :)

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
A friend jested to another cohort who had gone off in a similar fashion, "Hey!. Rubbin's racin' "

I had to laugh at that comment. It wasn't more than just a love tap.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Randy-

You should be getting a commission on all these sales, or a kick-back from the dealers. Would help pay for an option, such as the hard top.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
jml1952 said:
Randy-

You should be getting a commission on all these sales, or a kick-back from the dealers. Would help pay for an option, such as the hard top.
I would be happy with a note saying thanks. :)

But it's cool. I am doing it because I love the car, and I am looking forward to the days when we start having meets and track events. January 2 is going to be a blast, and much better than just showing up by myself. That is the reward.

Hey, remind me when we meet to talk to me about fish.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Randy Chase said:
I would be happy with a note saying thanks. :)

But it's cool. I am doing it because I love the car, and I am looking forward to the days when we start having meets and track events.

Hi there,
And you're doing it very good :D
Good to see that all Elise nuts around the world have one thing in common:
We're all overgrown kids:D :D :D

cheers,
Fabian

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Hi Fabian, good to see Switzerland represented here! I'm a former co-patriot, moved to the US almost 6 years ago. So are you driving an Elise? It's too bad that many of the best European cars aren't available in the US, but at least we're getting one of them now.

·
Registered
44 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
Who is Auburnspyder on this list?

I'm curious, is there location Auburn Alabama? Right across the river from me here in Columbus GA.
Chris
Hey guys! Yep. The Auburn is for Auburn,AL. I live in Atlanta now, but Auburn is my second home. I graduated from AU last year. I just put my deposit down today. #51 on the list at Lotus of Atlanta.:D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts