The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Sold another Elise today

3K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  echthelion 
#1 ·
This makes around my fifth that I have sold or been involved in the sale of.

We are at an indoor kart track today. Talking to a couple car guys when one, a BMW M3 and WRX owner, asked me more about the Elise. I told him some information, shared my unbridled lust. He is going down tomorrow to Symbolic to place an order. :)

I bet that this is true with a lot of others. The Elise veterans on this forum. We have been spreading the gospel for a while. I know I tend to post about the Elise on other forums, up to the point where I am sure some are irritated. :)

The MR-2, Spyder, Miata forums. Other motorsports forums.

Really, Lotus does not need a marketing budget. Just keep those on the list happy.

:D

#4 ·
I first discovered Elise in August 1999 watching an hour-long TV show about S1 development when I was on vacation in Ukraine.
By that time I was shopping for second gen. MR2 (which I eventually found few months later in Jan. 2000) and I instantly recognized the car on TV as an ultimate MR2 ;-)

#7 ·
Vantage said:
Hey Randy,
Which indoor karting place?

Miramar Speed Circuit

Interesting. I was not really excited about this place, because I was looking at it relative to my kart.

Take own kart to a track. Pay $25. Race all day. Go very fast.

-vs-

Pay $20. Race for 10 minutes. Not very fast.

However, I did enjoy it and think it is a very good place for people to play that don't own karts, or have families. I think the best way to do it is to take around 10 people you know and race against each other. I went with a business that took it's employees and with 40-50 people, it was fun.

#9 ·
Very good is 33 seconds. Our group was putting in 34 second runs by an expert karter and 35-36 second runs for the rest of the fast guys. Most people were 37-39 seconds.

#11 ·
Larry Andrews said:
I heard a rumor that a future Elise driver punted some guy who desperately needed it. :)
LOL... how did you hear that!?

If you are talking about Paul's buddy.... he pointed out the guy to me. Turns out he was on the track ahead of me and I was faster, but he was blocking. So I insisted on the inside turn and with a small bump, he went off. :)

#14 ·
#16 ·
jml1952 said:
Randy-

You should be getting a commission on all these sales, or a kick-back from the dealers. Would help pay for an option, such as the hard top.
I would be happy with a note saying thanks. :)

But it's cool. I am doing it because I love the car, and I am looking forward to the days when we start having meets and track events. January 2 is going to be a blast, and much better than just showing up by myself. That is the reward.

Hey, remind me when we meet to talk to me about fish.

#18 ·
Randy Chase said:
I would be happy with a note saying thanks. :)

But it's cool. I am doing it because I love the car, and I am looking forward to the days when we start having meets and track events.

Hi there,
And you're doing it very good :D
Good to see that all Elise nuts around the world have one thing in common:
We're all overgrown kids:D :D :D

cheers,
Fabian

#19 ·
Hi Fabian, good to see Switzerland represented here! I'm a former co-patriot, moved to the US almost 6 years ago. So are you driving an Elise? It's too bad that many of the best European cars aren't available in the US, but at least we're getting one of them now.

#22 ·
zvezdah1 said:
Wow,
LOA is up past 51, I know Eric and Chris are happy over there!!
Chris
Auburn > I live in Columbus, a second deposit holder is here in Columbus as well (he's one of the one's I sold on how cool the car is.)
Chris
I'm glad to hear there are some other guys close to here on the boards. I was afraid all the people on the list were internet inept old guys. It's gonna be sweet when we get our cars and have some meets. I cait wait to tame "The Dragon".

#23 ·
It's been talked about on the boards, I've been on the Dragon several times on a motorcycle and an incredible run it is. Can't imagine it in a car though. Some other great roads around, Cherohala skyway is absolutely incredible.

I was up at the dragon a couple weeks ago for a Duc club ride. You definately have to go midweek, way too many squids on the weekends!!
Chris
Blue Ridge pkwy is wonderful with beautiful high speed sweepers, unfortunately enforcement been a bit stiff of late.
PPS> I do have route listings of some of the best roads in the GA?Car border area anytime someone wants roads to hit.

#24 ·
ConeFusion said:
Hi Fabian, good to see Switzerland represented here! I'm a former co-patriot, moved to the US almost 6 years ago. So are you driving an Elise? It's too bad that many of the best European cars aren't available in the US, but at least we're getting one of them now.
Yup,
I have a Mk1 111S in Lotus Racing Green. I know they took their time to get the Elise ready for the U.S. Market. But there is a bright side to it: It's not crashed yet:D

cheers,
Fabian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.