The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if any one has ever sold a Esprit on THIS forum? I am going to sell all things Lotus that I have and was wondering if I should just go straight to fleebay, thanks.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Well, if it's all Esprit stuff then this forum and the TurboEsprit list are two good places. You will get good responses from a target group. You can also post on the marketplace site here but they mix all Lotus models together so Esprit stuff gets often lost in the multiple listings. A good starting point is to list what it is you have to sell here, put in how you prefer people to contact you, and also post a notice on the TurboEsprit list and point people to this site to see your listed stuff.

·
'94 S4
238 Posts
What Tom says above is all good. Start taking pics; sooner or later you will need them. And include year & model for items. It will save you getting asked a lot. Good luck

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I've sold two Esprits over the years...one via Yahoo's TurboEsprit and the other through a local specialty car consignment place. Also sold a Corvette through an online Corvette forum.

The beauty of these forums is the quality of the eyeballs...it's definitely the right audience. If I were looking to sell an Esprit, I would certainly try here first.

Roy

·
Registered
189 Posts
Just wondering if any one has ever sold a Esprit on THIS forum? I am going to sell all things Lotus that I have and was wondering if I should just go straight to fleebay, thanks.
I just bought my third Esprit off this site last week. I am looking for a glass sunroof and maybe some wheels. I have an 89 SE and a Ferrari 328GTS. Post what you have for sale and give the forum a chance. I avoid Ebay unless I am desperate. Too many scams.

·
Registered
576 Posts
This forum absolutely generates leads and has sold or helped to sell cars and stuff more often than not.

eBay is also my last choice for cars, although not to bad for "stuff"

Randy

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I bought mine from a guy who posted here...

·
Cal H
982 Posts
I have sold a few steering wheels here and on similar car forums and they went to people who knew a lot about the item. I would say they were sold to hands on car hobby people. I like that and tend to give preference and pricing tilted towards the enthusiast.

As far as selling a car. To some a car is just another item to be bought and sold. But others get attached the their cars and try to find a good home for their cars along with a fair price. Then this is the good place for that. Try it here 1st then migrate to eBay. Cars that sell fast on eBay usually are listed with a low reserve.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What do you have to sell?
I will be selling my S4 and all the Esprit parts I bought over the years as spare none of which I ever needed. This include a engine, seats, i did sell the spare gearbox after I found out the parts were for a earlier model.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts