The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if any one has ever sold a Esprit on THIS forum? I am going to sell all things Lotus that I have and was wondering if I should just go straight to fleebay, thanks.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Well, if it's all Esprit stuff then this forum and the TurboEsprit list are two good places. You will get good responses from a target group. You can also post on the marketplace site here but they mix all Lotus models together so Esprit stuff gets often lost in the multiple listings. A good starting point is to list what it is you have to sell here, put in how you prefer people to contact you, and also post a notice on the TurboEsprit list and point people to this site to see your listed stuff.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I've sold two Esprits over the years...one via Yahoo's TurboEsprit and the other through a local specialty car consignment place. Also sold a Corvette through an online Corvette forum.

The beauty of these forums is the quality of the eyeballs...it's definitely the right audience. If I were looking to sell an Esprit, I would certainly try here first.

Roy

·
Registered
189 Posts
Just wondering if any one has ever sold a Esprit on THIS forum? I am going to sell all things Lotus that I have and was wondering if I should just go straight to fleebay, thanks.
I just bought my third Esprit off this site last week. I am looking for a glass sunroof and maybe some wheels. I have an 89 SE and a Ferrari 328GTS. Post what you have for sale and give the forum a chance. I avoid Ebay unless I am desperate. Too many scams.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I bought mine from a guy who posted here...

·
Cal H
982 Posts
I have sold a few steering wheels here and on similar car forums and they went to people who knew a lot about the item. I would say they were sold to hands on car hobby people. I like that and tend to give preference and pricing tilted towards the enthusiast.

As far as selling a car. To some a car is just another item to be bought and sold. But others get attached the their cars and try to find a good home for their cars along with a fair price. Then this is the good place for that. Try it here 1st then migrate to eBay. Cars that sell fast on eBay usually are listed with a low reserve.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts