·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SOLD----------FS: Exige carbon fiber roof----------- SOLD

Real full carbon fiber 8.9 pounds , All original mounting holes ,

100% real dry lay up carbon fiber

$1950 Plus UPS

this is perfect and new,never used, the large seal on the sides (above the side windows)are installed.
the small trim seals front and rear are not installed .

paypal-------

Automotive exterior Hood Bumper Auto part Glass

Glass Metal

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
does it come with weather trim.

and it looks like the one from prototype 2 me.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I think Prototype Composites has a scoop closer to the actual 240/260/Cup roof - this has a scoop that looks the same from front to back.

I hope that is some kind of glare in the underside photo - - - what is that purpleish color?

·
Registered
7,470 Posts
I think Prototype Composites has a scoop closer to the actual 240/260/Cup roof - this has a scoop that looks the same from front to back.
+1. I have a prototype cf roof, painted body color, and it is indistinuishable to all but the most trained eye from an OEM roof. The underside looks different, as well.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
+1. I have a prototype cf roof, painted body color, and it is indistinuishable to all but the most trained eye from an OEM roof. The underside looks different, as well.

i thought some of the 1st PC versions scoops were like this. :shrug:

·
Registered
7,470 Posts
i thought some of the 1st PC versions scoops were like this. :shrug:
Perhaps they were.

With more pix to confirm condition, this could be a nice purchase. The rubber seals can set one back a bit if not included.

·
Premium Member
1,899 Posts
CF Roof

Anyone know who made this roof? I would agree that it's not Prototype Composites or TWRD or Sector 111. Who makes this roof ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know that roof - the red/black carbon/kevlar hybrid is Carbon Art's signature... I believe there were only a couple of those made, built to be lighter than everyone else for track day cars.
Carbon Art is located in Minnesota - they are a specialty carbon shop, whose main business is pro racing: Grand-Am, ALMS, etc...
Interesting to talk with - they're not into retail, but will make whatever... way into lightweight & finding unfair advantages!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts