Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sold!

Asking $45k
Best contact is [email protected] or 515.441.0353.

I'm putting my 2007 Exige S up for sale because I found another car that I would like to purchase. If that car sells before mine does I'll probably take this back off the market.

About my car: Ardent Red, 12,733 miles, touring package, traction control, no LSD, clean title. No AC, heat, radio, or airbags, but I have no problem daily driving this car in the summer in Iowa where it's often high 80s and humid. The car has several nice mods, it's well setup IMHO. It's very fast both in a straight line and in the corners. Car weighs just over 1900lbs with a full 12.5 gallons of gas. It's a great track car or a fun/fast car around town plus weekend warrior if you live in a state that doesn't check emissions.

Redline motor oil, Redline MT90 transmission fluid, and ATE blue brake fluid all replaced this winter. Here are the mods, but I'm probably forgetting some things:

Tuning:
BOE dyno tune with their FastWorks software, 304rwhp, includes Tactrix 2.0 cable

Motor/drivetrain/power upgrades:
Aluminum flywheel and upgraded clutch
3.0" supercharger pulley
ITG 3" intake and MAF housing from BOE
RLS Intercooler with heat shield
Ducting from side scoops to intercooler with 3 chamber shroud
Weapon R header slightly modified to fit better, no cat (I have complete stock exhaust if you need this to pass emissions, will include in sale)
BOE Silent Touch exhaust
Moroso baffled oil pan
Poly motor mounts

Fuel system upgrades:
ProAlloy large capacity fuel tank with central collector option
External fuel pump/filter/regulator, and return line
Bosch 525cc injectors
This is a really nice fuel system, no worries about fuel starve and don't have to add a surge tank to the engine bay.

Braking upgrades:
Front brake ducting
BOE stainless steel caliper pistons
S111 ULTRAdisc 2 piece rotors on all four corners
Stainless brake lines around

Suspension/wheel upgrades:
Nitron 46mm race pro shocks with 550/700 springs. Rides a little more comfortable than LSS but with no body roll, absolutely amazing shocks. Installed new in October 2013 so there are only a couple hundred miles on these. Corner balanced after install (with 160lb in driver seat).
Front uprights machined for extra camber, currently set to about -2.2* camber in front
BOE full toelinks
Long wheel studs
Volk CE28N wheels with Toyo Proxes RA-1 tires (purchased and installed this winter, less than 50 miles on these, no heat cycles, just a couple small trips around town)

Body/aero upgrades:
S111 rear panel eliminator in black
Difflow 5 element original style rounded diffuser with no exhaust cutout
Clam mounted wing, APR style - installed winter 2014
IMRP race sills - installed winter 2014
Carbon fiber side scoops
Carbon fiber access panels
Carbon fiber gas door
BOE carbon fiber side mirrors - installed winter 2014
Lexan windshield

Interior upgrades:
APS 300mm D wheel (on NRG quick release mount) - installed winter 2014
Corbeau carbon kevlar seats - installed winter 2014
S111 V-force harness bar and Schroth 6 point harnesses with sys.6.pack sub belt mount
Shifter base support mod
AEM oil temp gauge
AEM wideband o2 gauge
Rear bulkhead panel removed and replaced with carpet to save weight

Other misc upgrades:
Lithium Iron battery 4.5lbs, with S111 battery mount and cutoff switch
S111 booty
Front tow hook
Catch can with breather
35% tint on side windows

The bad:
I don't have a keyless fob for the car, I received it with only the key.
Fuel level gauge doesn't work because the tank is basically a fuel cell, you can add a tube style sender because the tank has an SAE 5 bolt hole, and then put a gauge where the stock radio goes. I always monitor fuel level by the trip odometer, but I can add a gauge if this is a deal breaker for the next owner. Cost is about $120 in parts and a couple hours labor if you did it yourself.
Starshield in front has a couple imperfections from rocks
Front lip has license plate holders which are a bit ugly, I was going to remove these and paint the splitter black.

Sorry I don't have any better pictures, I've just taken it out of the garage for the Winter. Located in Des Moines, IA.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nearly 500 views this week and not one PM or even a lowball?
Are people staying away because the emissions stuff is removed? I have the stock exhaust and cat sitting in the garage, will include with sale so you can pass the exhaust sniffer test.
Maybe people are scared because it's been tracked? I keep up on the maintenance, fluids changed and everything inspected way more often than a daily driver car. This car has been super reliable, 1/4 of the miles I put on last year was a trip from Des Moines to Brainerd for a full weekend of road course, autox, and a few drag racing passes. Put on about 1000 miles, no worries at all.

I am a little flexible on price, but not much. Now if I could only convince the wife I need two sports cars, then I wouldn't have to sell this one...

·
Registered
607 Posts
The car you are wanting to buy must be some great performer, as the Exige you are selling just about has everything one could ask. Best Wishes on the sale.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Yea, it's a Noble M400 with a decent mod list, nearly 500rwhp. My only complaint about the Exige is the top speed, and the Noble has that. The track I mainly go to is high speed, so it loses a lot of time to the higher hp cars that can power through turn 2 at 130-140mph when I'm WOT in 5th at 120mph. But at the lower speed track nearby I can easily keep up with them.

Plus I'm a bit of a car whore and like to change it up every couple years haha. So many platforms to experience, so little time. I tend to mod a car to what I consider near perfection, and then sell it and move on, it's my hobby.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Nearly 500 views this week and not one PM or even a lowball?
Are people staying away because the emissions stuff is removed? I have the stock exhaust and cat sitting in the garage, will include with sale so you can pass the exhaust sniffer test.
Maybe people are scared because it's been tracked? I keep up on the maintenance, fluids changed and everything inspected way more often than a daily driver car. This car has been super reliable, 1/4 of the miles I put on last year was a trip from Des Moines to Brainerd for a full weekend of road course, autox, and a few drag racing passes. Put on about 1000 miles, no worries at all.

I am a little flexible on price, but not much. Now if I could only convince the wife I need two sports cars, then I wouldn't have to sell this one...
For me, it's the lack of heat and AC... And I love heavily modded cars that most wouldn't daily drive. Please don't take this as crapping on your car - it's brilliant... I love it! :)

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
It's a beautiful car but aimed for a very specific buyer. No doubt you'll find someone who appreciates the mods for the price, but you've just got a narrow market you're going for. Patience, and GLWS!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
great car, but removing the daily amenities also drives most buyers away. Just have to wait for the track rat.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys for the comments. As if the Lotus market wasn't small enough already, haha! I'll just be patient and enjoy the car this year if it doesn't sell.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Let's just trade cars and call it a day haha

Good luck with the sale!

·
Sold my Exige S
930 Posts
If you could re-install the HVAC, this may have already sold for this price. I do like your mods, and this is coming from a guy who also stripped his stereo and speakers.

Can't fault you on wanting an M400. I was about to buy an M12 in 2010, but was lured to the Exige instead. Crazy to see that some M400s can now be had for what M12s were commanding just four years ago. GLWS!

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
He lives in Texas. if you had lived in Texas you would understand. There is alot that can be done to make AC work better

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've had two local guys come see the car, and the guy from today seems very interested, may be sold next week. Would never think this car might sell locally.

·
Registered
38 Posts
How do you like the Corbeau seats? They appear to have significantly more "cushion"? Considering a pair myself...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.