·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For sale is my 2009 Exige S260.
9,700 miles
$62,000
Location Raleigh, North Carolina

I purchased the car back in April 2012, and have LOVED every minute of ownership. I don't have any real reason for selling now; it's just time to move on and use my money elsewhere. I'm sure I will regret it as soon as it drives away, so act quickly before I change my mind.

There were only 27 Exige S260 cars brought to North America. The original owner of S260 #7 of only 27 in North America had the car in Florida for about 3 years, and only drove it 1,000 miles. :facepalm It was then purchased by a gentleman in Houston.
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f157/7-its-way-houston-112604/ But before he could even drive it, he accepted an overseas job. And I swooped in to purchase.
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f94/feeler-2009-exige-s260-113494/

I have driven it more than the original owner, but still not very often! I took it to the track once for 6 parade laps at half speed. I'm 99% sure the original owner never had it on the track. So for all intents and purposes, it's never been tracked. Always garaged.

The S260 is wonderful stock. But the modification list for this one is extensive.

Exterior mods:
Reverie carbon fiber front splitter
Reverie adjustable rear carbon fiber spoiler
Reverie carbon fiber Side Skirts
Reverie carbon fiber Canards
Reverie carbon fiber 3 element diffuser
Reverie carbon fiber under engine panel
Raceview carbon fiber mirrors

Interior Mods:
Momo steering wheel with Quick Release (no airbag. Airbag light on dash comes on)
Schroth Profi II 4-pt harness
DBW pedals
Odyssey lightweight battery
Kenwood foldout headunit with navigation
Backup Camera wired through head unit
Focal Component speakers
JL Stealthbox
Alpine Amp behind driver seat

Performance Mods:
AP Racing Big Brake Kit (e-brake removed)
Nitron Single Adjustable suspension
Toyo R888 tires
BOE oil pan added (accusump removed in the process). Mobil1 synthetic oil only.
Larini Exhaust
BWR decat with exhaust wrap. I do have the stock catalytic converter that you can re-install for inspection/emissions. It does throw a CEL because of the decat.

I don't have any of the other OEM parts, as most of the aftermarket parts were added before my ownership.

The car looks and drives beautifully, and needs nothing. There are 2 small imperfections. The side skirts were lightly scratched during a service visit (see picture). And the intercooler suffered a small nick when the wife ( :no: ) was packing for a trip. Otherwise, I think the car is perfect. It does have StarShield on the front, sides in front of rear wheels, and also behind the rear wheels. The StarShield is in perfect condition with no nicks.

Thanks for looking and let me know if you have any questions or want to see pictures of something else. I do have a Carfax which shows no issues if you'd like a copy.

Attachments

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just ready to put my money to use elsewhere, for a while. :)

·
Registered
2006 Elise Supercharged
128 Posts
Beautiful Exige! I travel to Raleigh/Chapel Hill almost every weekend. Wish I couldve seen it on the road. GLWS

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good question. Correct, there is no e-brake due to the BBK in the rear.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have a carfax if anyone wants it. No issues.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
what a great investment car! I tried to buy that darn car from the dealer in Miami (that didn't know anything about Lotus cars) but I didn't have cell service in the Dominican where I was at the time on vacation. GLWS its a beautiful car.

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
what a great investment car! I tried to buy that darn car from the dealer in Miami (that didn't know anything about Lotus cars) but I didn't have cell service in the Dominican where I was at the time on vacation. GLWS its a beautiful car.
Curious that you say investment car...you feel they will appreciate?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Curious that you say investment car...you feel they will appreciate?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I'll take this one. Technically, there shouldn't be a price discussion in for sale threads, blah blah, but I think that rule is bunk. So here goes.

I think he was referring to the fact that I purchased the car for less than I'm trying to sell it for now. And I think there are 2 factors behind that. One, I think I got it for less than market value 2 years ago. And secondly, the prices of Elises & Exiges in the aftermarket have remained strong and even risen slightly over the past few years.

I looked at the prices of S240s and S260s listed and sold over the past year, and think this one is listed fairly given condition, mileage, mods, and just the scarcity of the S260s. But most of the is opinion and I wouldn't hold it against anyone or be offended if they thought otherwise and wanted to offer less for the car.

(Opens the door for lowball offers which I will decline because I'm not in a super rush to sell.)

Anyway, thanks all for the comments, compliments, and questions thus far.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.