The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to the Housing slump and a loss from my last move I am forced to sell my pride and joy. I really, really hate to do this as I have always said it is the last sports car I will ever own. Plus this is far and above my favorite car, hobby, family of friends etc. that I have ever been a part of. I have owned a few Turbo-Porsches', a Corvette, MR2 Turbo, 280ZX, etc and nothing has ever come close to the true driving enjoyment of the Elise.

With a sad heart I present my 2005 (The best year….read on) Elise with only 9,730 miles (As of 8/25/08). This car is in beautiful and classic Ardent Red with Biscuit (Tan) Leather. No expense was spared when I purchased her new in 05 and she has ever single available option and all dealer installed extras available: Touring Pack, Sport Park, Hard-Top (with Storage System), and Star-Shield. The Driving Lights and Stage II Exhaust were installed by Don @ Newport European prior to delivery. I have added a factory custom leather center console in Black Leather with Biscuit Shift Boot, Handbrake Cover, and Stitching. Also included is a custom painted engine cover and A/C surround (By Chuck Risen), a Sector 111 Bootie for protecting the boot cargo, and a custom fit, two-tone car cover. All factory updates have been completed. The only minor modifications from stock are the factory-approved gas pedal height reduction; center console re-enforcement, stereo speed sensor, and remote range extender antenna have also been added. I took delivery of this car with 5 miles on the odometer and I hate to admit it but this car has never been tracked, auto-crossed, or pushed hard in anyway. The wheels have never been removed since the factory install and the AO48s still have some good tread life left after almost 10K miles! Always garaged and covered, driven only in good weather and very well maintained. Engine oil has been Mobil 1 since the first oil change and Mobil 1 gear lube is in the transmission.

There are absolutely no performance modifications at all and the car is completely stock in that regard. Not even the snorkel has been removed. This car is still as it was intended from Lotus and has never had any major problems at all. You will not find a better condition, better history Elise in any year, at any price better than what I am offering here.

As I said the 2005 is the best year. This is due to the beautiful forged aluminum pedal arms that allow for full customization of pedal position for the individual driver. This is much more like a true race-car setup than any newer model and is the only U.S. spec model year with these pedals. Also there are no worries about DBW failure or electrical problems associated with that system. Plus no LED lights to worry about in the back make a bulb change simple and cheap. Also no raised rear letters make washing a breeze and are easy to remove if you want a different look. Being this car is a “Late-Run” 05 the improved shifter came already installed from the factory and the headlight embellisher rings have been added.

I also have a four post lift from Direct-Lift with the Pro-Jack option that is negotiable with the sale. If not sold with the car I will be asking $2000 for the lift and all accessories.

I am asking $34,900 for the car as is with all the extras (except the lift). Hurry up though as I will be putting on as many miles as possible before she goes. And if anything changes in my financial future I absolutely will not be selling my baby, but for now I have no choice……

Please PM or e-mail me with any questions.

Attachments

·
Registered
563 Posts
Aw, what an incredibly depressing sale thread. :(:(:(

I wish I could buy it and give it back to you.

The way you describe your ownership and relation to the car make it seem like a crime for anyone else to own it.

Best of luck, I can't even imagine how tough it must be. You're a very brave man, my heart goes out to you :eek: :up:

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Shorty. Yea it has been a long time coming and I have tried everything to keep her. However sometimes life interrupts even the best plan and what are you going to do. This car really did seem to be the perfect combination of what I have always wanted, somewhat rare, great looks, incredible to drive, and easy on the wallet for maintenance and gas mileage. What more could you ask for, it truly is the perfect sports car for the true driving enthusiast.

Anyway thanks for the kind words and if that is your car in the Avatar it looks great! Love the stripes, now go for a drive and enjoy her!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
sorry to hear the news. I know what it is like to have something like that be "part of the family".

Where is the car located?

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry to hear the news. I know what it is like to have something like that be "part of the family".

Car is in Arizona, just North of Tucson. I am willing to ship anywhere in the U.S. and the rates are not that bad. I know because I had it shipped twice, all the way across the country, when I moved back and forth.

·
Registered
560 Posts

OOOPS

nevermind.
lol

·
Banned
874 Posts
Bump for a well cared car. (I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post anymore about anything else but + and bumping:shrug:

I like this Lotus:up:

·
Registered
560 Posts
Bump for a well cared car. (I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post anymore about anything else but + and bumping:shrug:

So do I.
Wish me luck on a quick sale of my Corvette.
I really want this Elise.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
can't you sell a kidney instead? i mean, c'mon, you only really need one.
I have tried this option but after Desert Storm I spent a year in Chemotherapy (no kidding) and so I only get "Diminished Value" for internal organs....it's like having a salvage title on life.....beside that with my health history I may need what I have left!!!!

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Thanks for the bump. I really did intend to keep this car forever and wanted to keep it nice. That was the primary reason for never going to the track, just could not come to terms with the wear and tear. I must say I have been pleasantly surprised by the amount of PM's and interest in only one day. A part of me wants her to sell quickly and minimize the pain but the majority of me does like the idea of selling at all........

Anyway pass the word around if you hear of anyone interested, Thanks!

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
I need a 4 post lift if it is available separately and somehow it can be delivered to San Diego.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Sorry for the sale. I still have my house in Gilbert/Phoenix and yes, the market is pretty bad (which is why I still have a house in Phoenix and a small apartment here in L.A.)

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Hi azskycop,
Do you work by the airport (TIA)?
I saw you a couple of times during my lunch time walk.
I was too slow to take out my Lotus key and wave it at you.
Next time I'll just stop you! ;)

Sorry to hear about you having to sell this beauty of a car.
Best of luck.

·
Banned
874 Posts
Thanks for the bump. I really did intend to keep this car forever and wanted to keep it nice. That was the primary reason for never going to the track, just could not come to terms with the wear and tear. I must say I have been pleasantly surprised by the amount of PM's and interest in only one day. A part of me wants her to sell quickly and minimize the pain but the majority of me does like the idea of selling at all........

Anyway pass the word around if you hear of anyone interested, Thanks!
I can tell you wanted to keep this car forever since you had 10K miles and still tread left!!!:eek: That's a crazily kept car dude. Some ppl asked me about it and i gave them the :up: Good luck with the sale:)

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi azskycop,
Do you work by the airport (TIA)?
I saw you a couple of times during my lunch time walk.
I was too slow to take out my Lotus key and wave it at you.
Next time I'll just stop you! ;)

Sorry to hear about you having to sell this beauty of a car.
Best of luck.
Yes that was me at TIA. I don't drive it to work much....only on the nice days but it sure does make the trip back and forth more fun. :nanner:

By all means stop me sometime and say Hi....My usual daily driver is the silver Passat. Do you drive your Elise to work??? I have not seen another one around the airport but I work some odd hours sometimes.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts