Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Lotus Exige S
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys I’m selling a set of Pilbeam race suspension for Elise/Exige S2 Wishbones. This kit alone runs for $3,500 from Pilbeam UK. They are in brand new condition have never been installed. Don’t know much about them if interested and want more information check out their website at Pilbeam.com

asking $1400 obo

Attachments

·
Registered
2010 Lotus Exige S260 Sport
147 Posts
I wasn’t going to comment this on public, since I was trying to warn the op. Whoever bought this from OP, please message me. Op has two lower right rear wishbones instead of lower right and left. OP ignored my messages anyway. I have circled the issue in the pictures below, from OP’s pictures. OP hasn’t been forth coming on his other sale thread, and I’m not sure he will in this. Contact me and I have a solution for you. Again, you cannot just flip this over and expect it to work. You need a dedicated left side to work.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,396 Posts
I wasn’t going to comment this on public, since I was trying to warn the op. Whoever bought this from OP, please message me. Op has two lower right rear wishbones instead of lower right and left. OP ignored my messages anyway. I have circled the issue in the pictures below, from OP’s pictures. OP hasn’t been forth coming on his other sale thread, and I’m not sure he will in this. Contact me and I have a solution for you. Again, you cannot just flip this over and expect it to work. You need a dedicated left side to work.

View attachment 1261103 View attachment 1261104
Agreed. @Tonyesc Respond to this and the other thread where you sold the GRP lights with issues immediately. Forum members beware. Reporting this and the other thread.

San

·
Registered
147 Posts
I think I should elaborate further on how I know they are two lower rear rights. My Pilbeam setup is the twin setup of this set here. They were shipped to my friend who ordered these together with me. I guess he got a bad divorce and his wife ended up selling all his parts. When my friend received the two sets, he separated them and sent one set to me. I never bothered to inspect them properly and life goes on without installing these for three years. Last month, while I’m trying to install this, Jon at TrackSpec informed me that I have two lower left rears. Picture attached below. I am in contact with Mike to fix the situation since I’m stuck at the last part. That’s how I have the solution for the buyer’s two rear lower right wishbones problem. I’m not trying to ruin OP’s sale or give OP a hard time, but if OP has reached out back to me before the sale happened, a lot of headaches and public grilling could have been avoided. And I’m not accusing the OP of malicious content, I think he may not notice it as I wasn’t for three years. This all could be an honest mistake. I hope this helps to the buyer.

·
Registered
2007 Lotus Exige S
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’m repairing a wrecked exige (Dont know much about these cars) I’m on the hunt for wishbones to make the repairs so I came across some wishbones on eBay that included new oem wishbones and the pilbeam. I kept the oem wishbones that I needed. The pilbeam wishbones I figured I would sell them not knowing of any issues. The picture shows what I purchased on eBay.

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
Tony, I can let you know anything you want to know about these pilbeam wishbones. You have my number. But if you proceed with the sale at this moment, you got a potential complaint coming your way as what you have are not complete and you need one from me to make it complete. Either call me or text me.

Thanks,

Shein

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
This has all been rectified and out of Tony's hands. Oldmansan, you can close this thread. FyndFrye and I will work out the wishbone swapping.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Agreed. Tonysec just caught up in the crossfires of unfortunate details. I will be working with REKIII to sort out his very special set of Pilbeams. But I will have to credit Tonysec for being a standup seller who is willing to rectify the issues, or even willing to make a full refund when circumstances are presented. Hard to find such a seller these days and I would welcome him to the forum.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,396 Posts
Agreed. Tonysec just caught up in the crossfires of unfortunate details. I will be working with REKIII to sort out his very special set of Pilbeams. But I will have to credit Tonysec for being a standup seller who is willing to rectify the issues, or even willing to make a full refund when circumstances are presented. Hard to find such a seller these days and I would welcome him to the forum.
I appreciate your extra effort in resolving this.

San

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.