1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise Nightfall Blue
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Folks,

EXHAUST IS SOLD
(Leaving the remaining post up for posterity)

Up for sale is a full kit to swap out a stock exhaust for the Larini Sports exhaust. This exhaust system sounds awesome, looks great, and I think most people wouldn't find it too loud and would say there isn't any droning. It came with the car, and I swapped back to stock as I intend to compete in SCCA A-Street which this exhaust would not be legal for. In addition to that, I like quieter cars (I would actually prefer the stock exhaust be quieter). For comparison, it is a bit louder than stock, and sounds a lot better, especially when the engine is on the second cam.

The heat shield has been modified to fit this exhaust. That allows you to keep the one you take off your car, or sell it. The stock heat shield costs more than the exhaust itself! I feel luck the stock one was included with the car. Expensive thing to take a sawzall to...

I do not know how many years or miles are on these parts. I'm guessing it's ~5 years or less, and less than 25k miles based on the car's history, but I don't know for sure.

I would prefer to sell all the parts together, and I would prefer local (San Diego) pickup - I'm willing to ship, but buyer will pay for shipping whatever that ends up being.

Asking $950 (plus shipping) for the full kit (50% of the as-new cost)

If there aren't any takers after a while for the full kit, I will consider selling the components for 35% off the as-new cost. I'm negotiable on the heat shield since I really don't have a clue what it's worth, and it really only has value to someone who would want to use it and save or sell their stock one.

As new price comparison:
111R rear grills (round tip): $334
Larini Sports Exhaust: $715
Heat Shield: $858
Total: $1907

All the parts:

Last picture of the car with it installed:

·
Registered
26 Posts
How big is the diameter? I want to install a BOE rear bracket and clam hinge. I may be interested in the exhaust, but not the other parts. Let me know if you decide to part it out.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can measure it when I get home. As far as I can tell it's a direct slip on replacement: same as stock diameter.

·
Registered
340 Posts
How big is the diameter? I want to install a BOE rear bracket and clam hinge. I may be interested in the exhaust, but not the other parts. Let me know if you decide to part it out.
It won't work with this exhaust... however I saw a thread on this site a while back where a guy made some mods and was able to get it to function just fine. As I recall it was pretty detailed on how to do it, so its possible. To me its the perfect combo to have this exhaust with the BOE clam hinge. Seems like the mods he made were to the car itself, not the hinge or exhaust.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hah, Bill you did sell it! You sold it to me ;)

·
Registered
432 Posts
Man, everytime I scroll by that pic up top it makes me miss it again... it REALLY looks great in that Nightfall Blue!!

·
Administrator
1,452 Posts
closed

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.