Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I have a pair of Composite Worx SP-1 seats for sale. I had them in my Exige S, which has now moved on to its new owner and he wanted the original seats.

First of all, these seats are beautiful. They take the interior to the next level. I had Composite Worx build the seats as single-skin carbon fiber, actual suede insert with silver stitching and "Exige" embroidered into the seat-back just like the stock seats. They're also crazy light; they'll save you an honest 19 pounds over the stock Exige S seats.

I'll include all the high-strength hardware and seat belt bushings you'll need to mount them in perfectly in stock seat rails.

The Lotus-specific mount on one of the seats had a hairline crack at the epoxy joiner to the seat, so I reinforced it with a couple layers of 3k plain weave carbon fiber to keep it from going anywhere. These seats saw one track weekend and a weekend at the Dragon, including a big guy pushing 280 pounds, and the seat mount joint stayed strong.

As for fitment, I'm 5'9" 135# and these seats fit me much better than stock and are notably more supportive during spirited driving, but note they don't have much padding, so long journeys require either additional padding or occasional stops. A friend of mine that's 6' 180# fits these seats about perfect, so if you're much heavier than that you'll be a squeeze.

Here's a bunch of pics:

CW2 by Ryephile, on Flickr

CW1 by Ryephile, on Flickr

CW5 by Ryephile, on Flickr

seats4 by Ryephile, on Flickr

Driver side outboard seat belt anchor bolt:

seats3 by Ryephile, on Flickr

Passenger side inboard hardware detail:

seats2 by Ryephile, on Flickr

The lot:

seats1 by Ryephile, on Flickr

How's $1300 shipped sound? :UK:

Cheers and thanks for looking,
Ryan

·
Registered
905 Posts
I'll take them if they're still available....like I have a chance in hell

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
FWIW, they're all that. I love mine but I wouldn't let them go for that low of a price! I also saved my original seats (in pristine condition) in case a future owner prefers OEM.

I made some custom seat bottom pads with memory foam and upholstery material to save my butt on long trips. Otherwise, the seats are quite comfortable and I'm 6'2" and 200+ lbs. The pad also minimizes lateral pinch which is only an issue on long drives.

Here's a photo of the pad I made (without and with):

Attachments

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I guess I under-priced them. You guys blew up my inbox so hard my head is spinning.

Payment pending. If he flakes out I'm going to go by who PM'd me next chronologically.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
:( I thought I was the first in line... TT
I literally had 7 guys message me simultaneously, and another 5 or so minutes after, it was crazy. I wish I had more of them to sell to everyone. Sorry!

Definitely sold, by the way.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.