1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Is it a first generation (supposedly louder) or later model? I actually don't mind the stock sound, but am mainly going for a little less restriction. The car is a daily driver, but I do track days.

:up:

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know what the difference between old and new generation is, but this is definitely one of the top rated mufflers for our cars - same as Larini, Arqraym. I imagine it is the latest model since it is selling currently at Hangar111 in England. Since it is British made they are more costly and, IMO, better made than domestic brands. The link I posted in the OP is the unit for sale without any difference as far as I can tell from the photo.

As far as sound goes, it will be louder than stock and not as loud as many mufflers due to the tailpipe length and being below the diffuser. If you want as quiet as stock, get the Larini 8" but I think that is above the diffuser.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
My key concern is highway speeds and the amount of increased drone there. Don't get me wrong. I have two bikes with LOUD pipes when I am on the throttle, but they calm down when cruising. How long have you had it?

Also, are you east or west coast?

thanks,

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I would be interested if someone wants to take my Janspeed stage 2 off my hands.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My key concern is highway speeds and the amount of increased drone there. Don't get me wrong. I have two bikes with LOUD pipes when I am on the throttle, but they calm down when cruising. How long have you had it?

Also, are you east or west coast?

thanks,

I'm in Venice CA. I bought my car with it on and used it once before I converted to above diffuser so I can't really comment on highway tone. I did have the Larini 8" and the Larini below diffuser from Sector 111 on my old car and I can say that if you like quiet, the 8" is the way. The Larini below diffuser model did not drone at the 3500 RPM range, but it was definitely louder. The quicksilver seems very comparable to that Larini. I think this one is as quiet and drone free in cruise mode as you can get with stock tip location. Hey, it's cheap enough that it wouldn't hurt to try. Tell you what - I'll drop $50 off the price to offset shipping and if you don't like it, you can sell it here at no loss. I just want this thing off my garage shelf - I hate old ****e hanging around senselessly.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would be interested if someone wants to take my Janspeed stage 2 off my hands.
Price dropped to $350 + shipping. Sell you exhaust here just I like am - no biggy.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
sign me up. I'll take it. I'll PM you with details.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SOLD

1 - 9 of 9 Posts