The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
oops, didnt mean to hit enter. How do you guys get into your cars without this brilliant quick release steering wheel that fortunately came on my car???

Andy
Thought it came with the car....:huh: ?? What type of harness bar is it ??

·
Registered
30 Posts
Car is gone, I'll post pics on a separate thread. Wife took it out for a drive and the car never made it home, wife did though. It's a sector 111 harness bar.

Andy

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just wondering if it's the V-force bar or the old style bar.

·
Registered
30 Posts
SOLD/F/S race harnesses and harness bar for Exige

Purchase from sector 111 on 3/31/07. I had to make a cut at each inner mount to remove these from my crashed car so they will need to be repaired. I'll post some close ups shortly. I'd like to get $240 for both harnesses and the harness bar, new cost was 239.95/each for the harnesses and 189.99 for the harness bar.

Andy Parker

Attachments

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
thats the 4tress harness bar (the one i have John). install in an hour or so if you take your time. the rear panel has to come off, passenger seat removed. Mounts at same location as stock bar.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
I moved Kestrel74's harness bar questions into this 'for sale' thread, however they pre-dated the thread. The seller is 'aparker, not Kestrel

·
Registered
30 Posts
Race harnesses and Harness Bar have been sold. Steering wheel and license plate holder have also been sold.

Thanks, Andy

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
it looks to me like the mounting point was cut off the two lap belts with the cam locks.if so then these belts would be useless.that is the most expensive part of a set of belts.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
I know you have already sold the harness, but as above, it looks like it was cut in a spot making the lap belts useless. But, the most important part: harnesses and bars that have been through an accident should be replaced.

·
Registered
359 Posts
+2
replaced, not sold to someone else to use.
+3 definitely NOT SAFE. Webbing stretches in accidents and should be replaced. :no:

·
Registered
30 Posts
It looks like you can slide that strap out of the buckle and replace just that piece on either side. They sell those parts on the website that manufactures the belts. The belts were not damaged in the accident. One of them wasnt even on anyone. After careful inspection, I would have used them in my new lotus had I decided to purchase another lotus but I won't be buying another car in 2009. Anyway, I'll leave it up to the buyer after he receives them and I'll take them back if he is uncomfortable with it. They say the same thing about motorcycle helmets, leathers, boots, etc. but me and all the guys I have raced with over the years would be broke if we had to buy $2500 worth of riding gear every time we crashed. I can guarantee you that race teams inspect and use harnesses that have been worn in crashes and only replace them when necessary.

Andy Parker

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
I can guarantee you that race teams inspect and use harnesses that have been worn in crashes and only replace them when necessary.

Andy Parker
when nessecary = after they were used to restrain someone.

the passenger side belt is fine if nobody was wearing it, but from the description of the wreck, the drivers side should not be used again.

as an ex motorcycle roadracer, i would certainly reuse leathers(after repairing them)after a spill, but not a helmet if it hit the ground.

I have seen three guys just this year split their helmets in wrecks racing cars from thier heads having impacts with the car(bars), why have something that "might" be compromised and not %100 up to its task.
what it protects is to important not to have the gear thats up to the task, espercially what it cost(not much).

cool of you to offer a refund.:up:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts