The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some odds and ends for sale. Just make me an offer, I need to get rid the items so if it's reasonable, it's yours. Rest of the car to come soon. ;)

1 Soft top with rails - looks brand new to me. Sorry, no bag.
1 rear clam - pics here

·
Registered
330 Posts
Soft top

dibs. PM sent

·
Registered
287 Posts
I think I just got beat! Oh well-I type to slow! PM sent anyway.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'd be happy to bid on clam, but may be more interested in whole parts car given the economics of my paying for clam shipment versus towing entire car.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The top is sold.

I do have a stock exhaust if anyone is interested. I figured I would just sell it with the car but if anyone wants it let me know.

I have to clarify on the "rest of the car" statement. I meant I would be putting my car up for sale. The rest of the car is perfect. Back in October a lady bumped me at a stop light and cracked the rear clam, there was no other damage to the car. The body shop forgot to give me the bag for my top when I picked the car up and when I went back for the bag they gave me another one, with a top in it.

A lot has been going on this year and I have just gotten around to filing the dv claim. Once I hear back from the insurance company I will be putting the car up for sale. It's an '06 Aspen Elise with 16k miles and warranty until Nov '09. If you guys know of anyone interested please let me know as I am moving and will not be able to afford the Lotus anymore. It breaks my heart to sell her but it's for the best.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Clam sold.

The rest of the car will not be coming as previously mentioned. At least not from me.

-J

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I am glad to hear that you are keeping your car. If I want to sell my Lo, the next car in my list should be a Fe or La brand, if not, I am sticking with my Lo forever. :D

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No, I don't have the Lotus anymore. Don't get me started, I just calmed down. No more Lotus for Jessica.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Gone in sixty seconds ...................

Jessica,

I'm really sorry to hear about that. :sad: I'd hope that things would work out so you could keep the car. Maybe this is a setup so that you can get an Evora. :coolnana:

All the best,

A.J.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Thanks A.J., what do you mean, I already have an Evora! Unfortunately, its made by matchbox instead of Lotus. ;) it will have to do for now.

Hey, did you get your top yet? I think your friend is going to take the clam.

I just saw your title. I'm shooting for 30. LOL

·
Registered
330 Posts
Maybe with water and sunlight the matchbox Evora will grow.

Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to pick up the soft top. My Dad's guarding if for me. I have a little more work to do on the car anyway. All the major bodywork is finished now and the structural stuff around the crash structure replacement is completed. There are a few improvements that I want to make to the engine/drive train while things are apart. After that, it's the final priming and painting of the clams; then reassembly. An Elise that was well-pampered in it's first life will soon be ready to start adventures in a renewed and improved state. I can't wait. :clap:

All the best,

A.J.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Maybe with water and sunlight the matchbox Evora will grow.
lol Right now its job is to roll back and forth on the desk and remind me why i'm working at 4 a.m.

Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to pick up the soft top. My Dad's guarding if for me.
I think Dad deserves a dinner on A.J. It's so funny, I was watching a movie the night before he picked up the top with his car in it. Have you seen the movie 'Two For the Road' with Audrey Hepburn and Albert Finney? It's one of my favorites. I can't believe I didn't put the two together when he was telling me about the car.

An Elise that was well-pampered in it's first life will soon be ready to start adventures in a renewed and improved state. I can't wait. :clap:
Sounds like a someone needs a flash cartoon. Seriously, have you been taking pictures as you go?

·
Registered
330 Posts
I think Dad deserves a dinner on A.J. It's so funny, I was watching a movie the night before he picked up the top with his car in it. Have you seen the movie 'Two For the Road' with Audrey Hepburn and Albert Finney? It's one of my favorites. I can't believe I didn't put the two together when he was telling me about the car.
Yep, I know the film. It's a good one for sure.

Sounds like a someone needs a flash cartoon. Seriously, have you been taking pictures as you go?
Given my full schedule, the rebuild process has been slow - if only I didn't have to work.... Anyway, I have been taking photos and I'll post a collection at some point after I'm done. For now the photos flip through as a screen saver on one of my office computers so I can keep in mind how far it's come and what's still to be done. Most people who visit my office ask why I have a picture of a wrecked car as a screen saver and then after a few frames, the comment becomes "Oh, it's getting better." :popcorn:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
When you're ready let me know a i'll post up a quick site for you so dad can see your progress. ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts