The Lotus Cars Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our new S260 is here after 6 long months!!! In Liquid Blue!!!!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Where the F are the pics?????????? Loaded them twice..... WTF?????????

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I cant upload pics of my new S260......because the 'Administrator' has limited my access....my Question is why??? Hey Randy Chase answer this for me!!

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
I cant upload pics of my new S260......because the 'Administrator' has limited my access....my Question is why??? Hey Randy Chase answer this for me!!
rotfl:clap:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Randy....or who ever is blocking my access to post my new S260 pics............ Ill ask Lotus tomorrow it this is proper for this site......... I know they dont run the site(Oh but do they look at it........YES!!!!) ...........but since I've Doubled the Lotus sales at Rothrock from last year........they will read this post!! BELIEVE ME!!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL qball I havent........this is a dealer site.....BUT if they want me to lessen Lotus buyers to buy.....NO PROBLEM!!!!!!!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Threatening to contact lotus because you 'are being blocked' before anyone has a chance to help your situation, not soliciting any assistance in case it's user error and then calling Randy out when he's probably not near a computer, and you don't think you're being an a-hole?

I suggest recalibrating exactly what you think you're being, because you're toeing the line from my perspective.

Best of luck selling that S260, I hope your attitude is better in person!

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
rotflrotfl ..... dude just snapped! rotfl

·
Registered
466 Posts
Why is this dealer swearing over an internet idiot-novice problem?

There is more than one way to load/display images here.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes Vishus this is a Lotus lover's site. I dont own a Lotus......yet, but....I do have all of passion for these cars. My intentions here were to just show new product and assist anyone that was interested. My thread has had over 10,000 hits so I think people are interested in the Lotus' I have for sale. When our S260 arrived yesterday I was like a kid at christmas!! Very excited! BEAUTIFUL car!!......then.......ISSUES with posting pics, I dont understand? If you guys want me gone, no problem. Still debating whether asking the Admin's to pull my thread...but at the very least Im probably not going to post anything here any longer. So you win....Im 'tapping' out!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Yes Vishus this is a Lotus lover's site. I dont own a Lotus......yet, but....I do have all of passion for these cars. My intentions here were to just show new product and assist anyone that was interested. My thread has had over 10,000 hits so I think people are interested in the Lotus' I have for sale. When our S260 arrived yesterday I was like a kid at christmas!! Very excited! BEAUTIFUL car!!......then.......ISSUES with posting pics, I dont understand? If you guys want me gone, no problem. Still debating whether asking the Admin's to pull my thread...but at the very least Im probably not going to post anything here any longer. So you win....Im 'tapping' out!
:huh:

·
Registered
657 Posts
DaveR...Here is what you could have done:

Upload your pictures to the zillion sites out there (Picassa, Yahoo, Photobucket, Flickr, Shutterfly, Bubbleshare, Imageshack etc...Sure forgot a few) and then simply post the link in your post...Tadaa and voila! Nobody here said go away I think...If you do not want to post here anymore, your choice, nobody else's.

And Yes you were correct LT is the site for all passionate Lotus things and all. You can always find another site. And yes passion and reason do not mix well.

Hope you can share these pictures with us soon....

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I still don't understand the statement that this is a dealer site.

Far from it...the way I understand it is that dealers, as a courtesy, can participate and freely advertise to this tailored audience - but I don't believe Lotus Talk (formerly Elise Talk) was ever put here for the purpose of just selling cars for Lotus. Otherwise, Lotus would have their own site like this. And if that were the case, then it would be impactful and appropriate to go to them and complain. But that isn't the case.

I get the relationship here and what a value a forum like this can be for both the product manufacturer and buyer/owner - but there is a bit of professionalism that needs to be exhibited by representatives of the manufacturer when it isn't their site.

Also - just to add to what mcoupe said - another thought would have been to upload the photos on Rothrocks own site then paste the images here from there or link to the car on the Rothrock site. Just an alternative that might have possibly driven more traffic to your site.

Dave - I don't speak for the forum but I think as enthusiasts we all want Lotus to be successful and sell as many cars as they can - I think where I am lost is the attitude and seemingly immediate defensiveness exhibited. According to the time stamp I see - this was around midnight - I mean come on?

·
Registered
944 Posts
Rothrock

I live in NC and have issues with Rothrock. Terrible repaint of the front clam on a 05 Elise. Dave said he would take care of the situation but four emails and a few calls never got a response. Oh well. I at least I do not have to deal with them. I was actually told over the phone by one of Rothrock's top people that "Hey man, I know I am an ***hole. I have been told so repeatedly."

I suppose all of the above is simply par for the course...

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Hey Randy Chase answer this for me!!
Really, you want to maintain a semblance of professionalism since you represent Lotus.

Me... I don't need to.

Bite me.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Hey Randy....or who ever is blocking my access to post my new S260 pics............ Ill ask Lotus tomorrow it this is proper for this site......... I know they dont run the site(Oh but do they look at it........YES!!!!) ...........but since I've Doubled the Lotus sales at Rothrock from last year........they will read this post!! BELIEVE ME!!

I also do not do the bidding of Lotus either.

The main difference between Lotus and I, is that they read your threads. I do not. I have already spent more than enough time trying to help you. As have other moderators.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
I still don't understand the statement that this is a dealer site.

Far from it...the way I understand it is that dealers, as a courtesy, can participate and freely advertise to this tailored audience - but I don't believe Lotus Talk (formerly Elise Talk) was ever put here for the purpose of just selling cars for Lotus. Otherwise, Lotus would have their own site like this. And if that were the case, then it would be impactful and appropriate to go to them and complain. But that isn't the case.

I get the relationship here and what a value a forum like this can be for both the product manufacturer and buyer/owner - but there is a bit of professionalism that needs to be exhibited by representatives of the manufacturer when it isn't their site.

Also - just to add to what mcoupe said - another thought would have been to upload the photos on Rothrocks own site then paste the images here from there or link to the car on the Rothrock site. Just an alternative that might have possibly driven more traffic to your site.

Dave - I don't speak for the forum but I think as enthusiasts we all want Lotus to be successful and sell as many cars as they can - I think where I am lost is the attitude and seemingly immediate defensiveness exhibited. According to the time stamp I see - this was around midnight - I mean come on?

You are much nicer than me. :) Yes, I did not see any of this. I would not except another moderator pointed out that my name was mentioned.

For what it is worth, there is absolutely no reason he can't attach an image. His user status and settings are identical to anyone else's. He is not even given the special sponsor tag or anything. Oh yeah... that is right, he is not a sponsor. :)

Can someone else do me a favor. I can't test this as I have special rights in all forums. Can you attach an image in this thread. Any image? Just to make sure there is not some forum glitch?

My guess is operator error. But we should rule out anything else first.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.