Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2006 Storm Titanium Exige
10,8xx miles
Purchased 10/17/06
Never tracked or raced
LSD, Starshield, no Touring
Carbon Fiber console, Larini SE and stock exhaust, updated Ipod dock, Alpine HU, speakers
Bought from Austin Autostrada and maintained exclusively by dealers
I purchased from original owner about 7 months ago with 6900 miles.
I have not driven much and now I must get rid of some of my toys; although, everytime I drive this car I rethink it and start to doubt my decision to sell.
I have had oil changed twice at dealer, had dealer add additional carpeting for sound barrier purposes, changed speakers, direct wired for radar detector, and replaced original AO48's with S Drive tires.
There are no issues with this garage queen.
Still under warranty.
I'm in Beaumont TX.

$33500

[email protected]
I will post pictures of car when I purchased it and when I get home this evening post more.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
That' my old car. I bought it new and put the first 6,900 miles on it. It was never tracked by me and was broken in gingerly. It still had decent tread on the original tires when I sold it so it was well cared for. I sold it to Josh because I needed a car that my 2 boys would fit in so I got a new M3. I still miss it.

If whoever buys it will pm me, I will mail them the original manual. I thought it was lost when I sold it and found it recently.

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
I'm picking the car up next Saturday, already have the loan, so unless somethings awry (which I'm sure it's not), it'll be mine in 8 days!!!!

Texige: I'll definitely be talking with you :).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys

I hope eveything works out too.
Texige..thanks for the input. It was a great experience buying from you. I've loved the car for the short period of time I've had it. How's that BMW treating you and when are you getting another Lotus?
OK, does anyone have any suggestions on completing the transaction if the bank still has the title. I'm sure this subject has been covered before. I'll try searching.
Thanks, Josh

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
The way I handled it involved a lot of trust by my buyer. He came into town, gave me a certified check and I gave him my car. It took several weeks before my bank finally sent the title. Then, I overnighted it to him. But because the bank took so long, I imagine he was starting to have some concerns. A bill of sale was all he needed to drive home with, as I recall. This was from IL to MO. Check with your Secretary of State to see what your laws are, since it will be traveling with no title and no registration.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
OK, does anyone have any suggestions on completing the transaction if the bank still has the title. I'm sure this subject has been covered before.
...talk to your bank - these sorts of individual-seller transactions are routine for them, and they can walk you through the process step-by-step...well, that's assuming your bank's service is on-par with USAA...

·
Registered
457 Posts
does anyone have any suggestions on completing the transaction if the bank still has the title.
Just went through this as I picked mine up. The bank issued a "Payoff Authorization" form to the seller. On that form he was able to give my information to the bank to send the title or lien release directly to me. We did a hand written bill of sale and both went to FedEx the check and paperwork to the bank.
Like Tracy said, takes a bit of trust but it sounds like there is history on the buyer and the car so hopefully that creates some comfort...
Enjoy that drive home!!!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.