1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2005 Lotus Elise
40,XXX Miles
Starlight black / Red
Touring package (A little more sound insulation basically)
Newer DBA slotted rotors paired with Porterfield R4-S pads on all four corners.
Newer Toyo R1R tires

Previous owner was on Oahu, car currently on Maui.

Climate control resistor motor has died leaving you with no adjustment.
Windshield suffers from heavy dash gasout.
Interior vent #3 not fully funtional due to weak palstic.
Front clamshell replaced after coneage at its first any only autocross.

Best car I have even driven, but too fragile for autocross needs.

Shipping from Hawaii to the mainland is probably best done by Pasha Hawaii. Pasha Hawaii offers standard vehicle transport service between our California and Hawaii Terminals (San Diego, Los Angeles, San Francisco Bay Area, Honolulu, Hilo, Kahului). The price for Standard Service is $1100.

$27,324.00

Cone at cars only autocross did this. The split on the lower passenger side. Clamshell was replaced. Insurance paid for it. Was not totaled.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So is it the distance from everyone? Is it the pricing? Is it the mileage? On Auto Trader it is currently the cheapest Elise. Too cheap maybe? Leaves buyers questioning what's wrong?

·
He's on fire!
3,345 Posts
i think your problem is location. Lots of people like to go see the car prior to final purchase and its not cheap to fly to HI.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
$23,800.00 :facepalm
  • Still driving it so it's now 41,XXX miles.
  • Unfortunately it seems that it wants to show its British heritage and have the gage cluster go wonky at times. I might lose the tach, speedo, and fuel for a few minutes at a time.TADTS
  • The parts have arrived from British Racing Group to repair the resistor and regain climate control. You can have them because removing the clamshell seems daunting.

·
Hack
18 Posts
Great Car - Shipping is Pretty Reasonable

Tim, I really appreciate all the specific pictures of different angles of the car. Your car really appears to be in very good shape body wise and has no signs of corrosion. Unfortunately for you I was courting two Elises at the same time and bought another car on the mainland.

I was also able to get get a shipping quote to the Port of Seattle from "Hawaii Car Transport" <[email protected]>. The total came to $1049 for standard shipping, which is really reasonable.

Hope you get what you are asking for!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.