The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After taking a few days and looking at a couple different options I narrowed it down to two cars. Both listed on this forum. Great Neck Lawyers 06 Exige (Great Car) and cornell7 05 Elise. After a sleepless night I decided to go with the Elise. I have only been able to drive the car for about an hour and so far so good:shift: . One thing Im going to have a hard time with is the drop in power from the Cobra but with the difference in $ I'm already looking at all the different power ad's -eek-
So take it easy on a rookie if I ask a few stupid questions:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
That's the mistake. It's not about power, it's about control :D

IMO, better to carve with a katana than cleave with a claymore.

And yeah, welcome to the addiction :D

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
The Elise is well balanced... Higher revs are the key to this engine, the 2nd cam is just great!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
What year was your Cobra?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Cobra vs Elise

I ponderd the same question in Feb ,to sell my Cobra (Superformance with a 427 Roush) to get an Elise. I lifted the Elise. Haven't sold the Cobra yet, but havn't started it since I got the Elise either.

06 Chili Red, micro mirror, stage II pipe, RTD brace.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
X2 on the cam.

It takes awhile to figure out that you're not going to hurt the car unless you miss a gear on the way down.

Service MGR told me "the rev limiter is there for a reason - you can take hit it as many times as you'd like."

·
Registered
336 Posts
I ponderd the same question in Feb ,to sell my Cobra (Superformance with a 427 Roush) to get an Elise. I lifted the Elise. Haven't sold the Cobra yet, but havn't started it since I got the Elise either.

06 Chili Red, micro mirror, stage II pipe, RTD brace.

I have both. My Elise is almost strictly track while I cruise my superformance on the street. I won't get rid of either one.:shift: What car # SPF do you have?

·
Registered
2008 Lotus Exige-S 240
1,395 Posts
I have the same agony, I am going to have to sell my HP car (505rwhp) to get the Lotus... I am also going to hit the performance mods as soon as I can. I love the Lotus and everything about it but a little (ahem.. a lot) more HP wouldn't hurt. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts