The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have mine up for sale on EBAY, NO Reserve.

eBay Motors: Lotus : Elise (item 330301643793 end time Jan-25-09 08:45:41 PST)

Time to get something else ready for track season.

All of the particulars on the car are listed on the auction site.

Nothing left to do. It's been completely sorted.

My loss is someone's gain. I get the tax write off, so it's no big deal.

If a Forum member makes the initial bid and has the financing, I'll close the bidding. I'd rather have a Forum member get the car.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Still want to sell and have lowered to $58,500. This is an absolute steal at this price. If I can't move it I'm going to go dual purpose and reinstall the airbags, windows and AC and use it this summer. I can't let it go any cheaper. Awesome track or show car!

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I know it's not the best time to sell, in fact it's the worst, I think we are actually near the bottom though. I get the write off for 09 at least.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have some other plans, it's been a struggle trying to decide on keeping it or letting it go. I have to stick to my guns and go through with it.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Racing season is almost here. I still have my car up for sale. Any takers out there? It's a lot of car for the money.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Racing season is almost here. I still have my car up for sale. Any takers out there? It's a lot of car for the money.
Yes, he is right!! This is the true "DRY" Carbon Fiber car. Not the one you see running around in Hong Kong which is a WET Carbon Fiber car.

I know this well since I personally imported his CF parts from Benetec in Japan.
This is a bargain.... I wish I knew you were going to lower the price.... Now I bought my new toy and selling my Exige S:wallbang:...... But I will think about a bit.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't know what else I could possibly state about this car. If someone is looking for the ultimate Elise, well, this it it, none better! Other than possibly a roll cage, nothing needs to be added to it. The videos I have posted on youtube should be enough to prove the car's potential. user name on youtube is dpmdc and dpmdc84...go there to take a peek.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Still available. No sorting headaches for the track. Its all been done.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Doc-

Where is that road. That looks like way too much fun?

How are things? Been out to the track yet?

Bill
Hey Bill,

Great to hear from you. How's things in Colorado?

I found the pix on "stumble" but I have no idea where it's from. Not from around her for sure. I tried to do a search for it but no luck. If I had to guess I'd say Kansas. Just kidding. It would definitely be a hoot to get on that road.

Haven't had the Lotus out yet. We've been breaking in the Diasio. Ryan ran against an Enzo 2 weeks ago and spanked it bad! We are breaking in a new transaxle gear set and a freshened engine and still managing to turn 1:30 on the South track. It's running better than last year so we should be at or very near 1:20 on the south and 2:20 on the fulltrack layout. Ry turned a 1:23 last year on the South and 2:23 on the fulltrack. It's in reach and this year we have radial tires which are typically faster on the Diasio's by a few seconds over a bias slick.

Hoping to get off work at noon to get a few sessions in on the full track layout tomorrow and then on Sunday if it's not raining. Forcast is for rain, of course!

As far as the Elise goes, I'm going to get at set of street tires (A048's) and some door windows and play on the streets when I can't get to the track. It should be fun trying to dodge all of the ice heaves and pot holes. It's like a war zone out there in places. I talked with TJ today and I am probably going to have him give it a once over for street use. He did a complete inspection as you may recall in October but that was for track use. I'm not going to mess with putting the air bags back in. I'd just have to take them out again when I hit the track. Those things are like bombs anyway. I have them in a secure box all strapped down and stored.

Are you going to be at ABCC for the FVMC event?

Give me a call, you got my cell #.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
bump:shift::shift::shift:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts