The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I'm new here, but glad to see so many knowledgeable and kind members - looks like a great group of people here. I am in the process of selling my 1984 Mercedes G Wagen. We recently did a turbo diesel swap on the car - top notch work. Anyway, here is the full description. I am accepting trades on an 05 Elise or similar. It's quite a change in vehicles, but I just don't drive that much being that I am in school the majority of the year (go to school full time all year long including summer).

:nanner:

84 Mercedes G Wagen TURBO DIESEL

"I have up for sale my 1984 Mercedes G Wagen. It is a short wheelbase (3 doors - extremely rare) with 114,454 miles. Original body in excellent condition.

Update - This vehicle just underwent a professional installation of an OM617 Turbo diesel engine installed by the world known Warren T of Montreal Quebec. The installation is valued over $6,000.00 US. Makes great power and extremely good gas mileage (20MPG)

Has the following rare factory and aftermarket upgrades (Installed by Europa International)
Brand new recored radiator
Brand new flywheel
Brand new clutch
Brand new pressure plate
Brand new throw out bearing
Brand new pilot bearing
Brand new clutch slave cylinder
Brand new clutch lines
Brand new window crank handle
New water pump, new thermostat
New starter
New clutch master cylinder
Getrag 5 sp with new heavy duty input shaft bearing, new seals, new output bearing as well
All three driveshafts replaced
6:17 gears installed by Europa International
New CVs and front axle bearings/seals
Front and rear lockers
3.5" lift with long travel alum body shocks
Longer SS brake lines
Custom rock sliders and rear bumper (recently restored and repainted)
35/12.5-15 Goodyear MT-R tires, excellent condition
2:1 Reduction VG080 transfer case
Rear jump seats (rare factory option)
Front Recaros (with power recline)
CD stereo (works great)
Body and paint in excellent condition

Legally imported by Europa International

Asking $25,000 Could not be duplicated for that price.

This is a Europa Int'l G Wagen. It was legally imported and federalized to meet DOT and EPA specifications in 1984 by Europa International. This G sold for around $80,000 in the 80's and has been under the west coast sun for most of it's recent life. It is in great mechanical condition as well as great body condition. It has some slight rust. This is one of the best examples of the older Gelandewagens. I have the DOT release form to show it was legally imported and federalized. It's registered in the state of Maryland. I hold the title clean and clear.

Have hundreds of pictures to share - extremely rare and extremely capable 4WD vehicle - will ford streams and climb mountains.
Also has extensive list of newly installed suspension, driveline, and transmission parts.

Email with any questions

snyder . hunter @ gmail . com"

Attachments

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
Heidelberg (HD) plates?
Are you from that area?
I was born in HD and lived there for 30 years...

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Is it gone?

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Very nice. Looks like someone got a downright steal @ 19k.
nope... 19K is simply a reasonable price for the vehicle and in fact many G wagons from around that year sell for less... Granted the engine swap and related work he had done all looks top notch but thats irrelevant: we all know that you never get recouped for any mods above the price of standard replacement parts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.