The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm trying to get a model of the toyota/lotus 2zz-ge engine in solidworks so I can finish a custom roadster I've been creating in solidworks for a project of mine. Since I don't have the money to go out and buy an engine to get the dimensions and placement for the engine mounts. I was wondering if anyone here has created a mock engine or has access to the full model, if so is there any way I can get it? I really need to it to complete the engine bay and check clearances and create proper engine mounts. Any help one can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Ben

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
You may want to check GrabCad, while I dont think you will find a 2ZZ specifically you can find a nice 4-cylinder that should fit the build. Here is one that I have used in the past.

Motor \ motor designed in solidworks - STL for 3D, Other, SolidWorks - 3D CAD model - GrabCAD

Whats nice about this model is the multiple configurations included within the download. He has included a turbo, a super charger, regular intake, and individual throttle bodies. Hopefully this helps you.

Good luck!
Zack

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alright thank you, not only will that model come in handy but so will that site.

sincerely,
Ben

1 - 3 of 3 Posts