The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't recall the name of the gentleman who owns the car, but it's the guy with that design tech (or similar) built-in V1 radar detector. Two other pics in this gallery show the controller and the mirror display. He had the leather done either by the same shop or one nearby in NJ. It had foam under the leather, the stitching matches the rest of the car and the console mounts were firmed up.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Thanks Stan. Realized the image post didn't work (can't like to the image), but you knew what I was talking about. ;)

I like that V1 installation and will probably do something similar with my remote display module (near the headlight switch, not the rearview mirror).

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
I'm really sorry that Steph and I missed the event. I was feeling a bit under the weather for the past couple of days. I'll make the next event. I'd like to thank everyone who came out. Please post more pics.

·
Registered
313 Posts
console pic from Lime Rock

Yup,that us my car----the 1/4 " of foam under the leather actually is more comfortable,and IMHO dresses up the car. I was going to pad the bezel around the AC unit,but didn't. I was late to the event,much to my dismay,but stayed overnite for a PDA drivers "Education". I want to thank Mark Starr and his mechanic,along with all the people that I did manage to meet on Friday. On Sat,I had the only Elise there,and as usual,the car generates quite a bit of interest,even among the Radical and the V-8 powered Ultima in attendance. There were a plethora of serious autos in attendance,(I always wanted to use that word,plethora) and it was a very,very good day,with lots of time. The Elise was spectacular,much better than I. I regret not meeting Stan,but there will be other events and yes,the V-1 works well when mounted behind the pass seat. BTW are radar detectors illegal in NY?:clap:

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
stan, thanks for the pictures...sorry I missed it
greg :clap:

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
>>>I regret not meeting Stan,but there will be other events and yes,the V-1 works well when mounted behind the pass seat.<<<

Actually, we did meet informally....I was the guy with the big black camera who asked you for permission to take the snaps. HRM's mechanic was adjusting your brake pedal's height at the time, and Mark and you had just put the soft top on your car. See ya at the next event! BTW how did you like the change in the brake pedal?

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I didn't think you could adjust the brake pedal height. Was he able to raise it at all?

·
Registered
313 Posts
The brake pedal change cured the only problem I had with the car. That alone was worth the trip. These events are "drivers education" and timing is discouraged,I believe, so we have no warantee issues. I don't know if fridays event was timed,that would be interesting to find out. As far as I am concerned,I would not have traded the Elise for any car there,with the exception of the SR-3 Radical that showed up on Sat. Stan,nice to finally "meet" you!:up:

·
Registered
387 Posts
brake pedal adjustment?

I would love to know how to adjust the brake pedal ... mine needs to come up a good inch or two. Anyone know??

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
>>>I would love to know how to adjust the brake pedal ... mine needs to come up a good inch or two. Anyone know??<<<

I believe that the adjustment made to the car was at the pushrod between the brake pedal and the brake booster. The mechanic performed the adjustment by laying down on his back on the passenger side foot well, feet out the passenger door.

This is done on BMWs all the time...but there is a range you must work within otherwise the brake action can be affected. When misadjusted you can wind up with brakes that always feel like they have air in the lines no matter what, or in the other direction, brakes that won't fully release - they'll drag a bit all the time.

Lotus suggests that a 3 mm (~ 1/8 inch) gap needs to be achieved between the brake pedal and the pedal box upstop flange. This is in the Factory Service Manual. In practice this can be varied a bit but common sense, judgement and responsibility are important here.

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
>>>Stan,nice to finally "meet" you!<<<

Likewise, the mods on your car look great. If I were you I'd get rid of those airbag stickers though. They are easy to peel off and then the adhesive residue remaining on the leather visors can be removed (with solvent) leaving a nice surface. If the visors obstruct vour view, they remove by pulling them towards the rear view mirror. They are of little help with glare anyway. Especially if you drive much with the top on, a Light Insight can help you see traffic lights without the need to lean forward.

BTW the arrows for the Valentine One radar detector custom mounted in the RVM are normally much more stealthy. The flash from my camera brought them out in the picture more than they actually stand out in person.

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Has anyone replaced their brake lines yet? I'm thinking about making this change to the ones sold by Shinoo. Any comments would be welcome.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Re: console pic from Lime Rock

lwein said:
Yup,that us my car----the 1/4 " of foam under the leather actually is more comfortable,and IMHO dresses up the car.
I like that. Any chance you could give me a reference to the shop that did it and how you firmed up the mounts?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Stan------the visors came off about 10 hrs after photos were shot. Thanks
Mike------all the interior and sound work was done by Design Tech,2436 Morris Ave,Union,N.J.-----908-6860888.Steve or Dave. They are a high end shop(worked for ultrasmith in NYC) and a bit pricey,but its like buying oats. If you want nice,fresh clean oats,you have to pay for them. If you are satisfied with oats that came out of the ass of the horse,well,they are a bit cheaper!:up:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts