The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,717 Posts
Really nice shots. Loved those of eagles and the Loch Ness monster. Thx.

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
Wow, very cool pics. How was the cruise? Which one did you take? I have only heard good things about the Alaskan cruises, and my wife would love to go see Alaska on of these days.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Thanks for posting those remarkable photos! Looks like you had a great time. At least better than we did last year:

Here's the evacuation that began late on the first full day - from the deck of a full fishing boat -
IMG_0464.jpg

The cruise boat took on a small amount of water and listed to starboard -
IMG_0470.jpg

Fisherman serenade - you may recognize this guy from 'The Deadliest Catch.'
IMG_0473.jpg

From the fishing boat, we were moved to a fuel oil barge, then to a CG boat (below), then to a second CG boat, finally (about 9am) to the Alaska ferry -
IMG_0474.jpg

We'll try again in June...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Incredible photos simply amazing. I need to go to Alaska!

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Beautiful scenery and a lot of alcoholics. The true meaning of nice place to visit.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Now that we've seen our options, I think I'll choose the cruise where we stay on the original boat-

I've heard great things about the Alaskan cruise- Thanks for the pics!

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
My parents go up there every other summer, but I have yet to make it up. One of the last vestiges of pure wilderness in the world... I suppose I'll get a flavor later this year when I go up there for work.

Great photos of the bald eagle!

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Nice. I think i know the area from that first picture, I've got a panorama of the whole bay and multiple glaciers taped together in my apartment that i snapped while there (took like 9 pictures to make sure i got it all). looks like you had better weather that day though.

Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This is the Grand Pacific Glacer (long flat dark one) and the Margerie glacier (the one that's taller and has chunks falling off).

Weather was beautiful until last 2 days (one day at sea with 15-20' seas) and crappy weather in Victoria/Vancouver.

Glacier Bay National Park: Glaciers

Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Some more pics...

I've got more coming... these were some of the more intesresting ones.

I'll try and post some from me and Susan...

Okay... here are a few...

Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Canon Rebel XTi and a combo of lenses...

Played around with some Aperature Priority modes, white balance, etc. Shooting with all that reflective white was a bitch!

One was a Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM
A Tamron AF17-50mm F/2.8 Di-II LD Aspherical
And my friend had 18-200 Canon Zoom

We also had the Penthouse on the ship with the best view around... no fighting the crowds on deck!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts