The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Valenti (Connecticut) rec'd another customer car, this one is in BRP and will make someone v. happy. This car still needs to be cleaned up and prepped.

Note the shade of the hard top versus the roll bar area - tiny angle differences change this color quite a bit.

I tried to catch a few different shades here...

Rear view. All of these pics were taken at the same time...but the color changes in each!

Stan

·
shay2nak
25,000 Posts
the 2nd pic looks great. The color looks more like a fiery magenta...awesome.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
I was told to redo the front clam molds would cost something like 750k (pounds or dollars) and for the potentially short life of this version, wasn't cost effective.

I will also say the loads of people that have looked at my car, not one has even mentioned the reflectors, I absolutely don't notice them.

Chris

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Thanks for the pics. I've ordered brp/biscuit.

The way the color likes to change is one of the reasons I went BRP.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Question - why does everyone call this color BRP. I know it is Bordeaux Red but it is not pearl and the Lotus info does not refer to it as pearl.

Inquiring minds just want to know :huh:

·
Registered
592 Posts
I was driving by Valenti on Saturday with my daughter so I thought I show her this Elise in person that I have been talking about non-stop for a year. So at 1:30 pm on a Saturday I go in and ask to see (not drive) the demo. Was informed the car is "locked up in back":no:

What is the deal here???

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
>>>I was driving by Valenti on Saturday with my daughter so I thought I show her this Elise in person that I have been talking about non-stop for a year. So at 1:30 pm on a Saturday I go in and ask to see (not drive) the demo. Was informed the car is "locked up in back" What is the deal here???<<<

I kinda wondered about that too...didn't see it there any more.

Stan

·
Registered
592 Posts
2 against 1 you guys win :)

I looked at the Elise color chart and it just says Bordeaux Red. Two sighting of BRP make it official :bow:

I still don't think it is technically a pearl paint, but I can see why people use BRP if it is a true pearl or not.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts