The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's my first post, hopefully one of many and yes I am very green to the entire lotus thing! Up till now I have mostly enjoy AWD/4WD cars, busy rebuilding a Nissan GTI-R for some extra fun. The Exige is really only for track and weekend mayhem
Anyway been spending months looking for an Exige but really wanted something out of warranty as I want to do mods. We definitely don't have an abundance of these cars in the arse end of Africa, so not to spoilt for choice.

I have found an Exige which seems to have a good spec and really just looking for some guidance. The main point being the SC, can't seem to find many with this spec SC albeit a aftermarket add on
MY 2006
Lotus spec Ohlins damper kit
Sports exhaust
TRD LS unit
Lightened fly wheel
TRD heavy duty clutch and pressure plate kit.
Lotus performance brake pads fitted.
6 point seat belts
TRD Supercharge kit
Catalytic converter removed.
Racetech ECU and piggyback wiring harness to run the engine management system.
Not fitted but comes with the car
Lotus accusump kit.
Single tank oil cooler system.
Spare motor and gearbox, as well as all the standard goodies which were replaced

Any comments would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Sa-Exige, the car appears to have been set up for track use. That is fine if the owner was meticulous about maintenance and service.

I would suggest investigating the following: service history (owner versus shop); documentation of the S/C mods; ECU dump, but that make not matter given the aftermarket ECU; track log (hours/miles); compression and engine systems check; inspection of the frame and suspension bits (on a lift); any accident damage to bodywork; condition of safety equipment (harness certification expired). Test drive it.

Many track cars are exceptionally well maintained, but there are plenty of hacks on the track just as there are on the street. I'd walk if there are any signs of sloppy maintenance, deferred maintenance or corner cutting.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts