1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
6,882 Posts
He was early apexing often. Nice save. High hp track. Would have been neat to run em on some real twisties.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
gotta admit though, that must've been 1 hell of a thrill huh

·
Registered
571 Posts
Yeah some great footage. Car sounds fantastic and glad it didn't end in disaster! You can't buy those thrills.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Great heads up on the BMW ... that could have been real ugly, especially since the BMW had a cage and you didn't ... not mention the weight difference.

Just some casual advice, brake very late <> faster lap time. Early throttle with optimal corner apex to exit = faster lap time. Typically late braking is performed only when you are attempting a pass, not when you want a faster lap time.

Otherwise, glad everyone came out ok.

Rob

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Replies

He was early apexing often. Nice save. High hp track. Would have been neat to run em on some real twisties.
You are right about my buddy early apexing. I only wish I had the heart to tell him it hurts his lap times ... :evil:

The nice thing about living in Naples, Florida is that I am about 2 hours from Homestead to the Southeast and 2 hours from Sebring and its delicious twisties to the Northeast. :coolnana:

If you think your pulse rate was up spare a thought for the guy in the BMW. He could have ruined your day if he wasn't awake.
No kidding. Both my buddy who spun and the BMW driver he nearly t-boned had those happy yet freaked out 1000 yard stares like someone who thought the plane was going down only to land safely. -eek-

:clap:
Easily one of the most exciting videos I've ever seen. Not just at the end. The whole damn video!

Belongs in a movie. Great stuff, love it.

Thanks for the kind words from you and everyone. I actually have several pretty decent Lotus-tracking videos on Youtube under "Jaybuck01".

I actually started leaning left and right with your driving lol. Nice vid with a proper conclusion. Glad your ok.
Great heads up on the BMW ... that could have been real ugly, especially since the BMW had a cage and you didn't ... not mention the weight difference.

Just some casual advice, brake very late <> faster lap time. Early throttle with optimal corner apex to exit = faster lap time. Typically late braking is performed only when you are attempting a pass, not when you want a faster lap time.

Otherwise, glad everyone came out ok.

Rob
Thanks for the feedback. I presume you are commenting on the camera car driving; I couldn't agree more. I was the guy in the Black Exige that passed the BMWs. Is it bad of me not to give my buddy any advice? I rather like being faster than him. :shrug: (Incidentally, both the camera car and my car have Hypersport Roll Cages, but that doesn't mean we want to test them out.)

Awesome video!

I'm pumped for the day!

Did the camera car have vf super charger kit?

Yes - Both the camera car and my Exige have VF kits. We have had them installed for 2 years and love them.
:shift:

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The secret to passing while out of control...

Exciting video. But how did you lose control, *and* pass that guy?
My buddy accelerated passed the BMW because when his car broke into the spin, its tires, which had been applying braking force (static friction), lost the ability to continue to slow the car at the same rate and began only applying kinetic friction as the car spun. Kinetic friction has less stopping force than static friction (which is why its easier to push a box once it has started moving and while street cars have anti-lock brakes). Therefore, the car actually accelerates as it spins out of control. While all of this is going on, the BMW continued to brake properly using static friction which caused a continued deceleration. So, for a period of time, the spinning Exige is able to accelerate and then maintain velocity (very briefly), and pass the BMW that is under hard braking. Hope that helps! :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rookie

Hi,

My name is Littlebuck, Son of Jaybuck. I have signed up to LotusTalk this morning. I will be the kid in LotusTalk. I think that my Dad went up to 150mph in this video. The guy in the car that spun is my Dad's friend. My Dad is the Exige that is black all over with the red stripe in the middle. I can't believe my Dad has beaten those very fast cars. My Dad would be very awesome if he was in a real race like NASCAR. See you later. :DV:

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
LittleBuck,
Oh yeah! my daddy is faster than your daddy!

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,684 Posts

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
So this is just my opinion, so take it for what it's worth.

That wasn't racing.
It wasn't good.
It was a very close call.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts