The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are some high res images I just took of the Valenti demo car. It looks pretty good! The picture detail is good enough that you can read the window sticker, motor vehicle law exemption notices, and even see the edges of the clear bra. BTW the clear bra covers lots of the front end including the license plate thingey down low. It also covers the mirrors, rockers and front of rear fender. It's very nicely applied. The car arrived just a few hours ago and has not yet been prepped. You can see that one of the seats is still plastic covered. Part of the dealer prep includes removing the rear diffuser so that the rear suspension and other things can be inspected and readied. I wonder if they use spring spacers for the transport.

High-res Elise Images

Stan

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Thanks Stan ! Seeing the car with the hard-top makes me glad I ordered mine with one, the car just looks great with the hardtop IMO.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Thanks Stan. Am running the vin by my insurance agent to get a firmmer quote. A recent write up mention this & the sticker backs it up, 23/27 mpg seems a bit low. But given the lead foot most of have may be a real world number. :p

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Stan,

Great Pics. Thanks.

On the invoice it reads:
Hard Top
Metalic Paint
?????
Touring Pack.

What is the third option?

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On pbase, first you click on a thumbnail and then you can select large, medium, small or original size. In this case the original size allows easy reading:

Stan

·
Registered
963 Posts
amcmahon said:
23/27!!!!!!!!! WTH? Even the mags gave a 23/35 mpg. How did it go from 40mpg to 27? Must be lead foot syndrome.
That can't be right. My S2000 gets better mpg than that. :confused: Doesn't the Celica get better than that also?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
XXXotic,

Thanks for the obvious, I tried but still couldn't read it. Hence the reason I asked. :no:

Stan, thanks. I didn't realize that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I use a Matrix XRS for work, I drive about 500 miles a week 50/50 city hwy.

Same 16-valve V V T L-i engine and 6 speed trans.
At least 1000 lbs more than the Elise and I average 29 MPG.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
yeah that is a bit low (mpg). Thanks for the pics! this car is badass! i can't believe it's finally here.

·
Registered
714 Posts
It's possible it is so low because of the gearing? I think in 6th gear going 70, it will be at 3500 rpm. That seems only a little high, but it might just be enough. But, I'm not exactly sure what high would be for a car that revs to 8500, as I drive a mustang. So, when I'm going 70 in 5th, I'm just under 2000 rpm.

·
Registered
587 Posts
The latest issue of Road & Track lists their actual test MPG as 23.3 (combined).

It also lists the EPA city/highway as 26/38 mpg. This figure makes more sense to me.

I'd love to know the truth on this matter though.

Does the rear end have the same ratio as the Celica?

Best,
John

1 - 15 of 15 Posts