The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I can't leave well enough alone. Had some free time yesterday so did the following:

- Installed the 'LotusShii' Glovebox - very cool! It's designed to match the '05-'07 interiors, but not the '08 'sensusoft'. So, I plastidipped it! Basically a trial and error mix of black pdip with some white added. Got the color that matched and then put it into a Preval sprayer. Thinned 50/50 with Naptha. Did about 10 coats about 15 min apart. Let it cure for a couple weeks. Color match is PERFECT and the thinned P'dip really provides a much more professional finish. Added a matching Elise decal in silver (got on eBay).

- Installed Lowtush' double cup holder.

- Added carpet over the ribbed aluminum floor and on the side sills. Wanted to keep the aluminum 'stripe'. I'll do a separate thread on how to do that. On with velcro and 100% reversible.

- Did a custom 'mount' for my Garmin and also for an iPad mini. Leverages the RLS mount, but it's 'modular' and I can swap out the Garmin for the iPad mini at any time. I'll do a sep thread on that as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
408 Posts
Ok, so I can't leave well enough alone. Had some free time yesterday so did the following:

- Installed the 'LotusShii' Glovebox - very cool! It's designed to match the '05-'07 interiors, but not the '08 'sensusoft'. So, I plastidipped it! Basically a trial and error mix of black pdip with some white added. Got the color that matched and then put it into a Preval sprayer. Thinned 50/50 with Naptha. Did about 10 coats about 15 min apart. Let it cure for a couple weeks. Color match is PERFECT and the thinned P'dip really provides a much more professional finish. Added a matching Elise decal in silver (got on eBay).

- Installed Lowtush' double cup holder.

- Added carpet over the ribbed aluminum floor and on the side sills. Wanted to keep the aluminum 'stripe'. I'll do a separate thread on how to do that. On with velcro and 100% reversible.

- Did a custom 'mount' for my Garmin and also for an iPad mini. Leverages the RLS mount, but it's 'modular' and I can swap out the Garmin for the iPad mini at any time. I'll do a sep thread on that as well.

Jeff, the interior looks amazing! :bow: Please keep up the great works! :clap::popcorn::up:

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Really nice Jeff. Especially like the Garmin mount.

Now all you need is a holder for a 9mm Glock... That can come in handy the next time you need to cap a deer.

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
Sorry Jeff, but I now have to call you officially a liar :D
Let me remind you:

Wall Ceiling Property Room Plaster

But I think we all knew that there is no way for you to stick to your initial plan :rolleyes:

·
Cyberdyne Model 101
347 Posts
Busted... Lol

It's ok I promised my girl I would only buy the difflow and that's it.... 20k later and countless man hours and welllllll... She moved out :facepalm

1 - 9 of 9 Posts