The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had some fun at Laguna Seca on July 4th, and I thought I'd share. Any feedback is much appreciated. My best session was the earliest in the day, where my best lap was 1:46.5, so here's the video of that with a subsequent sloppy lap where I tried to go faster and went slower :) (The vids are 1080p, but the embedded player on this forum only plays SD)

I know that I can carry much more speed through 9, for example, since I don't track out all the way.

Here's a better point of view from the cameras, but worse driving. My brakes were starting to get weaker and I was overshooting braking zones, in addition to just not being as consistent as I usually am:

Anyhow, given that I know people that can do several seconds better, I have a ways to go!

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Your lines look pretty good, but I wouldn't double-apex T2... miss the first apex by at least a car width so you can can take a wider radius and do a late, fast, second apex.

I'd recommend 3rd gear for T5, possibly T6, and *definitely* T8/T8a.

I'd also recommend 2nd gear for T11.

You need to carry throttle into T10 or you will get oversteer on entry. That might mean a little more brake before turn-in so you can get to throttle and stay there through the corner.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your lines look pretty good, but I wouldn't double-apex T2... miss the first apex by at least a car width so you can can take a wider radius and do a late, fast, second apex.

I'd recommend 3rd gear for T5, possibly T6, and *definitely* T8/T8a.

I'd also recommend 2nd gear for T11.

You need to carry throttle into T10 or you will get oversteer on entry. That might mean a little more brake before turn-in so you can get the throttle and stay there through the corner.
Thanks. I forgot to mention that I stayed in 4th most of the time since my 3rd gear synchro is shot :). Normally, I'd definitely use 3rd there, but it was hard to get into 3rd gear so I avoided it.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Thanks. I forgot to mention that I stayed in 4th most of the time since my 3rd gear synchro is shot :). Normally, I'd definitely use 3rd there, but it was hard to get into 3rd gear so I avoided it.
Just double-clutch the downshift then... ;)

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
You need to carry throttle into T10 or you will get oversteer on entry. That might mean a little more brake before turn-in so you can get to throttle and stay there through the corner.
Oversteer like this? :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts