The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Forum Founder
Joined
·
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Limited Slip Differential A120F626F

LTC = Lotus Traction Control

LTC Switch A120M0031F

LTC Switch Harness A121M0036S

Exchange ECM (ECU) A121E0012K

Factory Service Bulletin is 2005/15A

Reflash with software programme for LTC A121E0011H

:sheep:
 

·
Forum Founder
Joined
·
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does not list any labor.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,325 Posts
Did they release installed prices as well?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
363 Posts
Thanks, Randy!

I spoke with Lotus this week and was told to hang on for a few weeks for the official TSB release. The big question that went unanswered was if Lotus would separate the bundle, sell the T/C harness, switch and ECU reflash from LSD unit. I am hoping they do sell the T/C portion as it would relieve us from paying a Lotus premium on the LSD and it's install.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,579 Posts
So the dealers don't have this TSB yet? If they expect to send it to the dealers in a few weeks, and then we add the standard Lotus delays, it sounds like this is still quite some time out. Then it will probably take more time to actually receive the parts. I wonder if we will be able to get the LSD installed before the next season starts. :shrug:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
820 Posts
It's probably not news but a bunch of the Elises HRM has in stock did have the LSD installed (on the window sticker) -- 05's... but I didn't see any mention of TC and I didn't look for the button on the center console but I assume it's there...

I suppose somebody could call Dave or Mark and ask if those were factory or, if aftermarket or port installed, the cost, not just the sticker cost -- but labor too.

Cheers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
363 Posts
ConeFusion said:
So the dealers don't have this TSB yet?
According to the person I talked with, the dealer network has not recieved any info on the T/C + LSD retrofit as of yet (middle of the past week). They were pushing to complete the TSB and as soon as it's finished, the info will be sent out.

As a note, it was looking like the ECU will have to be sent in to Lotus USA to have the reflash taken care of and this may be handled on an exchange basis. In other words, the dealers won't be performing the T/C reflash. These were some of the details yet to be determined.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
583 Posts
Have to ask,

What the hell do you want traction control and an LSD for?

this is an Elise, not a ZR-1 or the like!

if you are spinning one rear wheel, then sort out the suspension so that it does not un-load the rears ahead of the front (the reason the wheel is spinning in the first place). Adding an LSD is only going to bugger up the balance of the car in these situations and make it far more likely that the car will spin out.

as for traction control, that's what your right foot is for, and with only 189Bhp, it's hardly a big issue.

save your money and work on the important stuff.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,150 Posts
We want LSD for autoxing. Yes, we need it.

This new info follows what I was told at the end of September-8 more weeks. I hope around Thanksgiving I can turn my car over for the LSD/TC work.

HRM has 05s (late batch) that had LSD/TC ordered on them. This is a good thing! It proves that the combo was indeed an option in the 2005 model year. Mark has not done a retrofit yet, or at least not the last time I spoke with him. He was going to email me as soon as he could put it in. I've received no email.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,325 Posts
"as for traction control, that's what your right foot is for, and with only 189Bhp, it's hardly a big issue."

I want traction control for my turboed elise. Do you guys think it will work on my car with the reflash and everything?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
583 Posts
Surferjer said:
We want LSD for autoxing. Yes, we need it.
come on then, explain this in DETAIL.

I race an Elise, with up to 300Bhp, I do NOT run an LSD (actually took it out of the box), if you spinning up one wheel, then it's becuse you are un-loading it.

keith86a said:
I want traction control for my turboed elise.
as above, what is your right foot for?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,607 Posts
Simon, have you ever autocrossed? I know its called something different in the UK, maybe autotesting? I think autotesting is similiar, but still not quite the same as autocross.....

Anyway, my point being autocross needs and roadrace/track needs are quite different.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
583 Posts
OneFastLotus said:
Simon, have you ever autocrossed? I know its called something different in the UK, maybe autotesting? I think autotesting is similiar, but still not quite the same as autocross.....

Anyway, my point being autocross needs and roadrace/track needs are quite different.
I know what they are, still fail to understand why you think you need an LSD?

FYI I used to do Sprints etc here,(still hold some course records), still don't need an LSD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,158 Posts
Coming out of low speed corners on sticky tires, a lot of autocrossers are getting inside rear wheel spin when trying to put the power down. So far the LSD has allowed them to get that power down and launch better out of the turns. It really helped so far, from what Randy has been saying. He hasn't found any big side-effects. The traction control is prevent you from spinning both rear wheels which is probably more difficult to control that spinning just the inside wheel. But at least you can switch it off.

Conventional wisdom may tell you that an LSD is actually worse for track driving, so we'll see how it performs on the track. So far I have only heard autox reports.

- J
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
470 Posts
Simon S said:
I know what they are, still fail to understand why you think you need an LSD?

FYI I used to do Sprints etc here,(still hold some course records), still don't need an LSD
Good for you Simon - we don't need to convince you why we'd want it. Maybe you aren't using all of your power exiting low speed corners. I've certainly noticed the back end not hooking up on exit and have had one wheel spinning and the other along for the ride - that's with the stock fed elise motor.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
583 Posts
Look,

are you reading and taking in what I am trying to get though to you?

if you are spinning up the inside wheel, it;'s because the suspension is un-loading that wheel.

yes, an agressive LSD (NOT torsen) may well be able to stop this, but what you will end up doing in over-taxing the only wheel on the ground, thus it will break away and the car will spin.

the intelegent way to stop this happening is to get the suspension set so that it does not unload the rear wheels in tight corners, this is EXACTLY the same for a cct car at hairpin corners etc.

the Elise is std trim is quite bad for this, you need to stop the car rolling and make sure it unloads the inside front wheel BEFORE the rear.

for example:


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,985 Posts
Simon S said:
Look,

are you reading and taking in what I am trying to get though to you?

if you are spinning up the inside wheel, it;'s because the suspension is un-loading that wheel.
Well, I know Randy and other have been after much tuning unable to eliminate the problem through suspension adjustments. The real issue that I think you've missed is that the autocrossers are very limited in what changes they can make and still stay in a class where the Elise is competative. They need to be very close to stock.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,599 Posts
Simon S said:
Have to ask,

What the hell do you want traction control and an LSD for?

this is an Elise, not a ZR-1 or the like!

if you are spinning one rear wheel, then sort out the suspension so that it does not un-load the rears ahead of the front (the reason the wheel is spinning in the first place). Adding an LSD is only going to bugger up the balance of the car in these situations and make it far more likely that the car will spin out.

as for traction control, that's what your right foot is for, and with only 189Bhp, it's hardly a big issue.

save your money and work on the important stuff.


:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
583 Posts
andykeck said:
Well, I know Randy and other have been after much tuning unable to eliminate the problem through suspension adjustments. The real issue that I think you've missed is that the autocrossers are very limited in what changes they can make and still stay in a class where the Elise is competative. They need to be very close to stock.
so, you regs alow an after-market LSD but not a spring change?

ever heard of drop straps?

Anti-roll bars?

etc etc.
 
1 - 20 of 118 Posts
Top