The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
and sorry i didn't take a pic....

but there seems to be a type of date code build history of each car recorded on the underside of the driver's side access panel. (think brake fluid, which i just changed.) MOLDED into the fiberglass is a calender of sorts, showing the (projected?) time span of the construction of my vehicle (MY 2005) - mine starts in the last 2 months of 2003,and finishes in May of 2004. (my s/n is 134) Then next to the calender, in Silver magic marker, handwritten are two dates, both in May of 2004. Build date on Door sticker shows what appears to be the final completion date of June 2004..cool. The molded calender only runs through 2007 on my car, and there are no checkmarks beyond May of 2004. I'll get a pic if anyone needs one. Cool because over in Europe - they write Day/month/year - not month/day/ year. The only thing missing are the sigs of all the people who worked on her.

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
It is pretty much standard that automotive parts have a date / batch / mold number or other forms of indication regarding the production on them.
Nowadays you also find data matrix codes on most parts.
It is something which is done in order to identify certain production dates or batch numbers when there are defects (amongst other things)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts