The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again. I have been meaning to post up some pictures of some of the work I have done so far as well as some testimonials. The testimonials are coming, so here are some pictures for the time being.

Cheers,

Brian Eyerman
(760) 622-9405

The first pictures are of the last work I was able to do on the Spyder1. That would be my 4th supercharger install. I put the kit on and pulled it off and put it back on a couple times for this project due to custom brackets and belts needed to work without the ac compressor. To my knowledge, I am the first (only?) one to install a supercharger on the Fed cars without ac. I also am the only one to my knowledge to install a supercharger and then put the same car completely back to stock. I am planning on offering supercharger installs to my list of flat rate items in the ball park of $800 + travel time.

The next pictures are of my first official Lotus customer's car. His job included an air filter change and shifter re-enforcer kit install.

The next pictures are of loanshark's '67 Mini. I removed the header and, with the help of Brent at Baldwin Racing, fixed and reinforced the severly cracked header. I also opened the hood which was not opening when brought to me (sounds stupid, but try doing anything on your engine if you can't open your hood), fixed the rally lights, and cleaned up the wiring in the engine bay. For those of you who have seen Lucas wiring, you know what a knightmare it can be!!! I must say, I lost a little sleep over this car, but in the end everything came out great.

The last pictures are of a TVR 2500 I did a little work on this past weekend. It was actually a spur of the moment job that my friend needed help with. All that was required was the rear suspension to be removed. Took an hour or so which wasn't bad for a car I had never worked on in my life!

The last one is not one that I worked on, just a sweet Audi S2 Rally car at my friend's shop.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Is the yellow Elise partially resting on that tire/wheel, or is it a visual trick?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Good job, plasma cutter on those brackets?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wasn't sure if anyone else had done it yet or not. That is some interesting bracketry you have going there Casey. Do you have any picture that are not so close?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I see what's going on now. I wish we could have had the Spyder long enough to put a set of proper headers on like yours.

Looks good!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Review from the owner of the yellow Elise.

"Just wanted to thank you for working on my car. I was very pleased with the high standard of workmanship, but was also pleased with a couple of things that are not necessarily encountered at shops/dealerships.

First, the (very reasonable) bill you submitted was exactly as quoted and, second, on getting into my car to drive home, I noticed that all the little things I have inside the car were exactly where they were prior to you working on the car. I realize these are not major issues for some, but they are important to me, and are significant in determining where I take my car to be worked on." _Ivor

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
"Thanks Brian you did a great job, price was more than fair,you were timely, neat and prepared, would recommend you highly! Thanks again, Artie B"

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I would definately recommend Brian for anyone in the SoCal area. Brian stopped over at my place at 2 and did not leave until after 6. He kept to his flat fee of $150 for the inspection and oil change. He was definately neat and didn't rush the inspection at all. He noted things that will need to be changed next time.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Brian, please update your email on the forum to something that is not Sector. Emails sent to you are bouncing.

p.s. Your PM box is close to full.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Randy. I updated my email and cleared out my PM box.

Win: Next time I'll bring my jack stands with me (currently in use) and I should be able to cut the time down quite a bit. Did you get my email?

Here are some pics from Sat. at Win's.

Cheers,

Brian

·
Registered
388 Posts
<STYLE type="text/css">.wysiwyg { background-attachment: scroll; background-repeat: repeat; background-position: 0% 0%; background-color: #e9e9e9; background-image: none; color: #000000; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Arial; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal } p { margin: 0px; }</STYLE>Just out of curiocity, what's the turn around time on the S/C install? That price is very tempting. Also, is this only for the Katana or the BWR kit as well?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
An install should take roughly 8-10 hours, however I would schedule a weekend to do it. I have a friend in LA that I could stay with and would not charge driving time since this is such a large job. I have only installed Katana kits so far, however I'm sure the BWR kit or charliex kit would not be an issue. The Bemani kit however would not apply. If you are interested, feel free to call me and we can discuss details. I may be willing to work a deal with the first "official" SC customer even though this will not be my first time installing a kit.

Cheers,

Brian Eyerman
(760) 622-9405

·
Registered
388 Posts
Thanks for getting back so quickly. :up:

I'm subscribing to this thread and I'm saving your contact info for when I decide to go with a supercharger. I'm still waiting for the dust to settle and for stage 2 kits to come out before pulling the trigger so it'll be some time. Plus I gotta drop my car off tomorrow for a new front clam and Exige grills. Busy busy busy. :crazyeyes<STYLE type="text/css">.wysiwyg { background-attachment: scroll; background-repeat: repeat; background-position: 0% 0%; background-color: #e9e9e9; background-image: none; color: #000000; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Arial; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal } p { margin: 0px; }</STYLE><STYLE type="text/css">.wysiwyg { background-attachment: scroll; background-repeat: repeat; background-position: 0% 0%; background-color: #e9e9e9; background-image: none; color: #000000; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Arial; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal } p { margin: 0px; }</STYLE><STYLE type="text/css">.wysiwyg { background-attachment: scroll; background-repeat: repeat; background-position: 0% 0%; background-color: #e9e9e9; background-image: none; color: #000000; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Arial; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal } p { margin: 0px; }</STYLE><STYLE type="text/css">.wysiwyg { background-attachment: scroll; background-repeat: repeat; background-position: 0% 0%; background-color: #e9e9e9; background-image: none; color: #000000; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Arial; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal } p { margin: 0px; }</STYLE><STYLE type="text/css">.wysiwyg { background-attachment: scroll; background-repeat: repeat; background-position: 0% 0%; background-color: #e9e9e9; background-image: none; color: #000000; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Arial; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal } p { margin: 0px; }</STYLE>

1 - 17 of 17 Posts