The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Same here. I was wondering what the big deal was until I noticed he bought the entire company.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I guess the chaps at TVR had better learn to say: Zdravstvyute! (Formal "Hello"), Pozhalsta ("please"), Spacibo Bolshoi ("Thank you very much") and Nazdarovie ("cheers") :p

Bob

·
Registered
592 Posts
rtking said:
I guess the chaps at TVR had better learn to say: Nazdarovie ("cheers") :p

Bob
I used to cover Russia. When teaching people what to say for cheers we told them to say "nice driveway".

·
Registered
389 Posts
This <i>is</i> gonna mean TVR back in the US. They released this statement:

"Nikolai is going to be very hands-on, and there are schemes for investment and expansion into new global markets - including America."

He's only been there a week and he's already planning to build them a new factory. I heard from a very reliable source that he went around the factory asking each department for their wish list. Changes are afoot.... :)

·
Registered
592 Posts
girlracer said:
This <i>is</i> gonna mean TVR back in the US. They released this statement:

"Nikolai is going to be very hands-on, and there are schemes for investment and expansion into new global markets - including America."

He's only been there a week and he's already planning to build them a new factory. I heard from a very reliable source that he went around the factory asking each department for their wish list. Changes are afoot.... :)
I wish him well, but I thinnk he will find trying to get TVR's into the US more challenging than he expects. I would love for them to come here because they make some truly outrageous cars, but using their own bespoke engines it will be hell to get them through the emissions requirements. Then there is the safety engineering. And without prior presence in the US it may be harder to get waivers a la Lotus for a couple of minor items.

And I can imaging the TVR engineering department falls a little short of Lotus. Without the assistance of the VX220 program supported by GM I wonder if Lotus would ever have been able to bring the car into compliance for the US.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts