The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These were taken at a recent track day here in Auckland, New Zealand.
We usually have a great turn out through club days and chance to see how the Esprit rivals its competition. Car went well without missing a beat!

A 6 second pass.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYek8wx9yRI

:shift:

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Nice! Which seats do you have in the car... I have a friend who has a 350 with 340r seats in it.... looks amazing :up:

Neil

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there, I have the original factory seats which are a mix of alcantera and leather backs. Nice and grippy!

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
My dream Esprit.
:drool:

btw - nice plate!

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Nice car!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi, the seats are actually quite deceiving from the pics. The bolsters sit quite high and much more snug than the std V8GT seats.

Anyway nice to be able to share pics with you guys. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Oh I do like a 350, nice pic's thanks. You must be looking forward to this new circuit called Hampton Downs Motorsport Park ?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
a 6 sec 1/4 mile!?!?! How much power? What was your trap speed? Racing slicks? What type of clutch?

These are truely amazing numbers for a 2wd car not sporting huge slicks!
No that was just to indicate a 6 sec video clip doing a pass on the front straight at our race park. Just a taster and no fancy numbers. I had trouble getting the rears to stick through the twisties and the tires went off after 2 laps!!! :eek: So I had to baby it, the tires are old and need replacing. It keeps up with everything on the straights and passes most cars in its way just no sticking power. Ill be looking into a second set of of wheels with dot performance tires for track days. This will be easier I think to swap over and will enjoy my track days so much better.

My car has twin plate AP clutch, Pirelli P Zeros, has the red racing ECU, uprated alloy actuators, boost at .9 bar, twin Garrett T25 turbo chargers are standard, straight cut decatted exhausts with free flowing mufflers. Its estimated at 420bhp going off feel from other cars. Never been dynoed, Esprits doint do well on dynos, tend to slip get hot and cause all sorts of innacurate info.
MAXIMUM SPEEDS
5th 175mph/6850rpm (claim) 4th 129/7200
3rd 96/7200 2nd 65/7200 1st 40/7200
Standing qtr mile: 13.0sec/109mph - possibly quicker now. Never tried.
Standing km: 22.8sec/142mph
30-70mph through gears: 3.9sec

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh I do like a 350, nice pic's thanks. You must be looking forward to this new circuit called Hampton Downs Motorsport Park ?
Hi we are all so excited, its going to be something special for us indeed!! :D

Cant wait!!

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
No that was just to indicate a 6 sec video clip doing a pass on the front straight at our race park. Just a taster and no fancy numbers. I had trouble getting the rears to stick through the twisties and the tires went off after 2 laps!!! :eek: So I had to baby it, the tires are old and need replacing. It keeps up with everything on the straights and passes most cars in its way just no sticking power. Ill be looking into a second set of of wheels with dot performance tires for track days. This will be easier I think to swap over and will enjoy my track days so much better.

My car has twin plate AP clutch, Pirelli P Zeros, has the red racing ECU, uprated alloy actuators, boost at .9 bar, twin Garrett T25 turbo chargers are standard, straight cut decatted exhausts with free flowing mufflers. Its estimated at 420bhp going off feel from other cars. Never been dynoed, Esprits doint do well on dynos, tend to slip get hot and cause all sorts of innacurate info.
MAXIMUM SPEEDS
5th 175mph/6850rpm (claim) 4th 129/7200
3rd 96/7200 2nd 65/7200 1st 40/7200
Standing qtr mile: 13.0sec/109mph - possibly quicker now. Never tried.
Standing km: 22.8sec/142mph
30-70mph through gears: 3.9sec
That make A LOT more sense. Gorgeous car, with a nice set up, if I lived closer I'd have to hit you up for a ride, thanks for the post!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cheers matey, well anytime your visiting here let me know. Any excuse for a drive :D

·
Registered
623 Posts
Might be willing to give up my U.S. citizenship for New Zealand!!! Great place & they love cars there too!!!!! and I am being truthfull here, New Zealand is AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GEORGOUS car too!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
;) Hi we have a few Lotus families that now reside here that came from the states. They really like it here.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts