The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Myself, LordZ and XTN made a trip up to Hallett on Thursday and had a blast. If you have not been to Hallett its worth the trip, even from Houston. This was my first time to Hallett and I only got 4 sessions before I boiled my brake fluid. With some more time I could be a bit faster.

<object width="500" height="375"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=5142080&server=vimeo.com&show_title=0&show_byline=0&show_portrait=0&color=00ADEF&fullscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=5142080&server=vimeo.com&show_title=0&show_byline=0&show_portrait=0&color=00ADEF&fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="500" height="375"></embed></object>

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
great video. It appears that you have to counter some oversteer in braking and acceleration? Is that more driver input or something that can be tweaked in the car? Noticed different wheels ft to rr. these your track tyres? DOT rubber? Have you gotten into set up much? If you have what have you done?A buddy of mine tests his spec racers there. Never seen the track... turns 7/8/9 look real rhythmic (ie fun) Gotta love the blind corners. Thanks for the entertainment.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Yup was a blast. Need to find a DE or something up there that has a two day event. One day just wasn't enough!

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
great video. It appears that you have to counter some oversteer in braking and acceleration? Is that more driver input or something that can be tweaked in the car? Noticed different wheels ft to rr. these your track tyres? DOT rubber? Have you gotten into set up much? If you have what have you done?A buddy of mine tests his spec racers there. Never seen the track... turns 7/8/9 look real rhythmic (ie fun) Gotta love the blind corners. Thanks for the entertainment.
Cars can always be tweaked, but in my case its mostly pushing the limits on corner entry on a extremely bumpy track with really stiff suspension.

Yes those are my track wheels. Hopefully they will be off to powder coat next week so they will at least match. Im running Toyo RA1's on them so yes they are DOT Street tires.

Have not messed with setup much other than alignment and tire sizes. One of these days Ill probably work on adjusting the suspension.

Yup was a blast. Need to find a DE or something up there that has a two day event. One day just wasn't enough!
The Cobra Club is going up the weekend of June 20th.. :D I loved the track, not sure im ready to go back that soon though.. :)

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
I love the awesomyness!

xtn

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I love the awesomyness!

xtn
BTW, thanks again for the CD, the pictures came out great. Not sure what was up with the slow-mo 10 second videos though.. :)

·
Registered
269 Posts
You guys must have gone up for the test and tune day. Nice job getting around for your first time there! I've been around Hallett on 2 and 4 wheels and it's definitely a fun and technical track that's hard on brakes, several nice elevation changes. With a little more track time you'll find at least 5 more seconds to lose. :clap:

Post up if you guys are heading up again, I'd like to come out and watch the fun. Don't forget the "HST (high speed touring)" days which are basically open track sessions held along with competition days. :wave:

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You guys must have gone up for the test and tune day. Nice job getting around for your first time there! I've been around Hallett on 2 and 4 wheels and it's definitely a fun and technical track that's hard on brakes, several nice elevation changes. With a little more track time you'll find at least 5 more seconds to lose. :clap:

Post up if you guys are heading up again, I'd like to come out and watch the fun. Don't forget the "HST (high speed touring)" days which are basically open track sessions held along with competition days. :wave:
I honestly have a hard time believing there is 5 seconds left on that track. Im thinking more like 2, maybe 3 on a cool day. A 1:24 would be seriously moving.

Oh and yes we were up there on a Test & Tune day, we do plan to go again sometime soon (probably when it cools off). We will be sure to post here to get some more people involved.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Sounds like you guys had fun. I told you you'd like it. Definitely a place to help strengthen ones pucker factor.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I honestly have a hard time believing there is 5 seconds left on that track. Im thinking more like 2, maybe 3 on a cool day. A 1:24 would be seriously moving.

Oh and yes we were up there on a Test & Tune day, we do plan to go again sometime soon (probably when it cools off). We will be sure to post here to get some more people involved.
I've run mid-20's in my RX7, so I'd think with some fresh tires, Motul 600, some track pads along with more experience with the track, you'd be surprised at how much time you could unlock. :up:

The PCA have well-run DE events in May and Oct. which are good events to get in on. :cool:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Is something goofy with your pdr?
Your braking g load is crazy high but your accell is really low.
Doesn't seem calibrated...

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
An Elise/Exige with decent spring rates, light and sticky wheel/tire package, and race pads will stop a lot harder than it can go.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Yeah, but the accel. seems really low..just thought it was odd. Maybe mine is not right. I see accel. spikes over .60 than as I go up gears it drops but even still its higher than most of what's on that video.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
I could probably spike at .6 if I did a 7K rpm clutch drop from a standstill.

xtn

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Second gear when moving already. Then goes down each gear. No clutch droppy.
I will re-calibrate and see if it's the same.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Its correct, or at least it matches the data from my traqmate.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
It could just be the track, gear your in, throttle input, etc.
It is different than what I see so its good compare or learn from.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It could just be the track, gear your in, throttle input, etc.
It is different than what I see so its good compare or learn from.
It was also extremely hot so power was down a bit.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Looks like fun..

Sorry I could not join you guys on this one. Work can be such a pain in the a$$ sometimes. :D

Cool video and even cooler pictures. :cool::cool:

Boiling brake fluid in a Lotus? :eek:

1 - 20 of 59 Posts