The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the additional weight of the "additional sound deadening on body and chassis" that is part of the Touring Package!

I really need to get a firm idea of the weight difference between a "standard" and "Touring Package" car -- my dealer informs me that my order must be placed this week -- can someone ask point-blank what the weight difference will be?

Arrgh! And the colour . . . please take as many decent photos of the magnetic blue as possible - it comes down to that or ardent red.

Sometimes I really wish I still lived in Cal. :(

·
Registered
963 Posts
It's too bad these cars are displayed indoors, as that doesn't give a accurate depiction of the color of the car. :(

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
You know what.....I think there's been a serious break down in communication by Lotus, that, or the dealers are inept.

My dealer already has my order and Im pleased as punch. Then I read on here that some dealers are telling their customers they have to wait until mid January. Then someone else said they were told by "inside" source that the dealers taking orders now are doing so in vain because they lack "something" from lotus (not specified) to actually make the official order.

Now your dealer is telling you that you have to place the order this week but you're having to ask online for details from someone in Los Angeles hoping that you can find the answer.

Now, I knew what I wanted before I ordered...so it wasnt hard for me to simply call LOA and place the order without seeing detailed catalogs etc.....so Im not affected.

But, Im started to get a little confused by all the strangeness regarding this ordering process.

Whats true and what isnt? I have to believe my dealer, and believe that my order has been "officially" placed, but depending on who you listen to, this is moot.

What gives Lotus?

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
I have a feeling the question about the weight of the sound deadening material will be one of those questions that Lotus gives a sketchy, non-specific answer to :(

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
The whole ordering thing is wierd, because when I checked with my dealer (Symbolic) last friday, the sales manager told me that the dealerships that are taking orders are just doing it to keep themselves and the customers busy (that, and - much more importantly IMO - to get a firm idea of what the customers want). He said that Lotus is not accepting orders at this time, so basically the dealers can take all the orders they want but these orders aren't really going anywhere at this time. Now this may or may not be true (to me, it doesn't quite ring true because if it were, why would Lotus have distributed the ordering guide to the dealers ?) On the other hand, probably it's all just a question of timing and in a week or so, all dealers will be taking orders ?

Hopefully we'll get answers to all this over the next few days...

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What I can tell from the Order Guide that my dealership provided me is that those of us lucky enough to be near the top of the list (the first 10 cars, including a mandatory demo for the dealership) are to have our orders in next week (first week in Jan) to begin the first color/trim combinations. Some things appear not to be finalized yet (dealer-installed accessories among them), but the colours, option packages and interior trim are finalized.

Of come concern is that the MSRP is still listed as "to be confirmed" in the order guide, and the base price with destination is just above $40k. Also interesting is the disclaimer about allocations - they will be determined in "early 2004."

And while I won't be surprised by a dodgy answer by LOA about the weight differences, I still would love for someone to ask the question.

Cheers.

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Here's what I understand from what I have heard thus far:
  1. Exact prices require confirmation
  2. Full (performance) options require compilation
  3. Online ordering system is not set up yet.
Until those things are complete, dealers cannot place their orders with Lotus.

They can, however, get our orders and start the paperwork to expedite everything once those are in place.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts