The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
My first thoughts before reading the text were, "Well, that's good. They did you a favor. Those tires blow." My next thoughts were, holy crap, those are 22's!"

:)

·
Supporting Vendor
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol, yeah I need a tire with a strong sidewall for my tire swing. This 305/45R22 looked like it would be the ticket. We'll see though....

I'll post a link to Matt, Don and my tire swing concepts next week. We've each got a totally different take on it so it should be pretty cool.

Happy Friday!

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
I took a saws-all to a tire I had lying around and it could not cut through the side wall. I think it was mostly because the tire was moving with the back and forth motion of the saw which lessened the cutting ability. But still I was impressed that after about 5 minutes of holding the saws-all on there it didn't cut through the metal braid.

·
Supporting Vendor
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
No doubt the bead is very tough. I cut through one with a saws-all and had a hard time just like you but I changed my design and started over.

It is nice that we get to pick through take offs so we have a lot to choose from.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts