The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had some free time yesterday so I sauntered into a local Chevy dealership to take a gander at the C7 vette. I was impressed with the overall styling and even more so with it's performance stats. I somehow feel cheated after spending 65K on the Evora when compared to the C7. Does anyone feel the same? Please tell me that I am perhaps just getting bored with the Evora, which I still love to drive.:confused: One thing is a given: after a year or two of seeing countless C7's on the road it will quickly begin to lose it's uniqueness, unlike the Lotus. Please help me before I do something stupid!

·
Registered
490 Posts
If you are looking for shear performance, go with the Vette. If you are looking for uniqueness and exclusivity stick with the Evora. Looks are subjective but personally I think both vehicles look great.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Sportscar = mid-engine. ;)

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Geoman, I agree with your thoughts. I'm a Lotus fan first and foremost, but I appreciate all sportscars. I strongly considered ordering a C7 Z51 with magna ride, but the wait list was months out. I'm glad to be in the Evora for what it is and it will probably retain a fair amount of value. Even that new Z28 catches my eye after watching its Ring run (and stats- 1.085g's!), but there is nothing that feels like a Lotus.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Geoman, I agree with your thoughts. I'm a Lotus fan first and foremost, but I appreciate all sportscars. I strongly considered ordering a C7 Z51 with magna ride, but the wait list was months out. I'm glad to be in the Evora for what it is and it will probably retain a fair amount of value. Even that new Z28 catches my eye after watching its Ring run (and stats- 1.085g's!), but there is nothing that feels like a Lotus.
Funny you mentioned the Z28. My gf currently has an SS but is considering trading in on the new Z28. I have been trying to coax her into the C7. We live together, so I could have the best of both worlds. No luck so far, but I will press on...:sad:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sportscar = mid-engine. ;)
Couldn't have said it better myself.

I might add driver feedback and feel to that list as well. Vettes have always felt numb to me. Bearing in mind the Evoras I have driven don't inspire me like the elise/exige chassis but in that respect the Evora is still a much more satisfying drive than a vette. Haven't driven the latest iteration of the vette yet but I doubt much has changed in that department.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I own a GT-R which is way faster than the Evora, still the Evora is much more fun to drive.
The "light" feeling of the steering with very much feedback is also something I never experienced in a car with front (mid) engine. Only cars with similar feeling were the MP4, Cayman, Scuderia, with the Scuderia being the only one which deliveres that much light feeling and feedback.

·
Registered
7,243 Posts
Paraphrase Katy Perry: "I kissed a Corvette and I liked it"

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
My friend just picked up a nice blue one. (old one got crushed by a semi) Great car. Comfortable and a nice ergo short shifter.

I'm sticking with the Evora. Here is his vid.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Of course most people here will say that the Evora is better at a lot of things than the C7;and for sure is more rare. That being said if you are looking for more kick than the C7 is a nice jump. No denying that it is much more refined (than previous Vettes) and has received numerous accolades for its performance.

Keep in mind that they will be more frequent the Lotus, but there won't be too many. I don't see the current Corvette running around Pittsburgh that often. If they have a specific color/combo you want then I wouldn't totally pass on the idea. Sure you will miss some of the things about the Evora, but there will be things you appreciate that the Evora doesn't have.

At the end of the day maybe you just need to rotate the Evora out. Some (numerous friends of mine) switch cars more often than I just to get new experiences.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I have this recurring thought with my Elise, and now with my Evora. They cost a lot of money, and the alternatives at that price range are incredible. 993 TTs, slightly used 997s, Cayman Rs, used Astons, the new F-type, used R8s, slightly used GT-Rs, and the list goes on and on and on.

Most of those cars with mop the floor with the Evora, especially in a straight line, but the exclusivity of the Elise/Evora makes up for it. After all, my Audi S4 is way quicker than my Evora, but I'm sick of it. It doesn't hold a candle to the feeling of a Lotus, and in 5 years when that used R8 looks outdated and dumpy, the rare Lotus will still be relevant.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
The C7 will be a dime a dozen in 5 years and outdated. The lotus has better handling. The vette is for quarter mile. so it depends what you are looking for

·
Illegal Alien
5,259 Posts
The C7 will be a dime a dozen in 5 years and outdated. The lotus has better handling. The vette is for quarter mile. so it depends what you are looking for
Not that I would want a vette, but don't bash what you have not driven. Neither the C6 nor C7 could ever be called straight line Cars only. Now a dime a dozen, history confirms that, with high production numbers.

·
Premium Member
6,981 Posts
Typical of all the American cars, you'll bludgeon the road with them, whreas the Evora will surgically dissect the road. nuff said. HP is overrated. Granted if I could buy a Vette at anything besides a Chevy dealership, I might be more interested.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
There is no chance the vette will not be a dine a dozen. They produce about 10000 a year
it is not the vettes fault. it is a numbers thing. there will be 50000 on the road in 5 years.

I drove the Vette and it feels heavy with slow steering compared to my lotus

Ed

·
Registered
198 Posts
All BS aside I for one would love to try one out, probably not going to happen though.
About the best I can hope for is that someone from my auto-x group buys one.
The C6 ZO6 is about 2 to 3 seconds slower in a one minute auto-x then my Exige, so I am interested to see how they perform now.
I don't see my self selling my Exige any time soon, but I am definitely looking for a new car.
My dream car would match the driving feel of the Exige,
Be a little bit larger so my wife and I could use it for weekend trips ( we use the Exige a fair bit now but on an 8 hr trip it gets old ) it NEEDS cruise control ( for the trips as well )
use no more then 8 liters / 100 km
1/4 mile in around 12 seconds
Match the Exige in auto-x times
325 km top speed
Sound great
I think this Vett may fit most of my wants.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
^ you're describing an evora S to the tee except for the quarter mile (closer to high 12s) and too speed (someone on YouTube had a clip of him going 290 I think).

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Yes, go drive one and then try not to by it. ;-)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts